I'm hallucinating a little off and on

I keep having mild visual disturbances off and on. I started noticing it the other night. I really don’t want to make too much of it but I’m just wondering how often do you have minor visual hallucinations? Do you think it’s necessarily a cause for alarm? I think a certain amount of stress can bring it on don’t you? Like breakthrough symptoms?

1 Like

Heya leaf, I get visuals.

Simple things like walls breath, lines will melt and bend

More complex things like ghosts and dead pets, angels.

And true hallucinations where the entire world changes on me.

I take them as a sign I’m a little stressed, that I’m in mild psychosis. I try to take count of my stress levels and do what I can to alleviate them.

I know you’ve got some stress. Upcoming visit, sister being gone, all your healthy changes.

1 Like

So just stress then?

1 Like

That’s what I chalk mine up too, just an off day. Stress. Crap luck.

I hope they aren’t too disabling.

1 Like

Nah, just worrisome

1 Like

Something like this?

2 Likes

honestly, I’ve only experience a visual hallucination one time since becoming a schizophrenic… 1st month of schizophrenia, I was hearing my roommates voice - first schizo voice - anyways, I got so irritated by his voice I stated to hate him, and one day I left my apartment and stayed at a hotel room just to avoid him… in the hotel room, I was surrounded by people… It wasn’t just one person or two persons, I was seeing alot of persons, even when I went to bed, I was seeing some woman sleeping right next to me looking at me and tonnes of other people around my bed, even in the shower they were there… anyways, went back to the apartment and never saw such a visual disturbance again… but this understanding still rings in my mind, ‘he who strays from the path of understanding shall rest in the midst of the dead’ … I went there because I left understanding and decided to hate that roommate of mind, enough to move house and go to a hotel.
Anyways, what am trying to say is, sometimes the best medicine is understanding.

1 Like

more like this @Ooorgle

tumblr_phsh62AY5l1qg03plo1_r1_500

2 Likes

not the lady but the letters

source

it’s very annoying

Sorry you’re experiencing this.

Hallucinations are obnoxious and scary.

I get more when I’m stressed or about to start my period.

Maybe you’re feeling anxious,

Maybe it’s hormonal.

1 Like

I have been anxious about my sister being gone and the kid’s car being broken down, good lord I hope it’s not hormones lol.

1 Like

Gotcha! Yeah I’d call those a bit distressing,

You’re able to tell they’re hallucinations. That’s a good place to be. Well, better than lacking insight.

I could see that going down the rabbit hole real fast.

Have you noticed anything help? Sleep often helps mine, wearing a hoodie and covering my eyes. Sunglasses.

1 Like

It’s not as bright as that, it’s faded so it’s not as in my face it’s more in the background but it’s still annoying anyway I’ll be fine you guys are right it’s just stress, it will calm back down if I don’t let myself get worked up over it.

1 Like

It’s uncommon for you, right?

Least not something I’ve heard you complain about before.

1 Like

I’ve been stable for awhile

1 Like

Hrm, yeah, stress I’d say.

Sorry you’re going through that.

1 Like

I stand still for ten minutes. My delusion is weird. I think people are after me the whole time. Get better hugs

2 Likes

I find the hallucinations are more vivid at night, when I’m trying to avoid them I go to bed earlier. That way if I see anything, I tell myself its just a dream.

1 Like