I'm gonna work toward quitting smoking

I don’t think I’ll go cold turkey, but I’ll do my best to dial it back more and more and replace it with nicotine pouches.

I’m tired of spending half my brainpower thinking about when I can have my next cigarette.

I’m tired of seeing/hearing nonsmokers complain about the smell, and knowing they think I stink.

I want my great skin to stay great

And I’m tired of getting winded from climbing 2 flights of stairs.

It’s gonna be a long and hard journey, and there probably will be setbacks.

Please wish me luck, and don’t judge me if I relapse ever so often.

11 Likes

Good luck @Pikasaur ! :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Good luck. 1515

1 Like

Best of luck. :four_leaf_clover:

1 Like

Good luck!! 1514

1 Like

Good luck, it’s damn hard and don’t be discouraged by setbacks. From the time of my first attempt to the time I finally quit was about a decade. I failed multiple times. I tried the patch and the gum, and while they got rid of my craving when I stopped using them the craving came back. Regardless of your source of nicotine, when you stop it, the cravings come back, in the end I realized cold turkey was going to be the only way.

In the end I decided that I was going to quit when I turned 30, so when I turned 30 I quit cold turkey and haven’t had a cigarette now in 13 years. It’s damn hard the first 6 months but it gets easier. I can now mow the lawn and do other things without being winded, I’ve saved a ton of money. I don’t even think about it anymore and I live with 2 heavy smokers. Even my old triggers like a smoke with morning coffee isn’t even a thing for me anymore.

Just take 1 day at a time and distract yourself when you get a craving by doing something, anything.

good luck i quit 63 days ago and haven’t smoked since, the worst part is im not sleeping as well without the smokes. i went out with a bang and smoked two packs in one day and got nicotine poisoning and had my usual nicotine nightmares and then didn’t go back to them.

i wish you best of luck =)

That’s how I felt just before I quit successfully. You can do this! I have faith in you

1 Like

I’m stopped. It saves a lot of money to be free of tobacco.

1 Like

Good luck I quit July 3rd 2021. First two weeks I wore nicorette patch then 1 week of nicorette spray. Then I went without anything. I relapsed sooooo many times. You will get there

1 Like

@JaBrown

On July 3, 2014, I went to an oral surgeon at thee Free Clinic for a second opinion. He said, “Yes, the tooth should come out. I have some extra time right now. Do you want me to pull it?”

He pulled it out!

Then he said, “Now, no nicotine in the mouth for the next three to seven days.”

I went home and put on two patches, and I still have not smoked!

2 Likes

Heyy yess! I’m with you in that journey!

I want to stop smoking mainly because I tried Ollie on a skateboard like a week ago, and I was out of breath.

Plus alott more money to spend on self care.

Instead we would have more time to love our body and self if we just stopped smoking cigarettes.

I have a zero nicotine vape. It’s working fine for me when I get craving and headaches for nicotine.

:blush:

Wishing you lots of luck! You’ve got this!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.