Schizophrenia.com

I'm going to quit smoking

Lately I haven’t enjoyed smoking cigs and I’m heading to the beach tonight. So, tomorrow I’m going to just go cold turkey.

9 Likes

Wishing you all the best in your quiting smoking journey

2 Likes

:+1::+1::+1::+1: 57578996

2 Likes

The urge to smoke will pass, you got to be patience. No-one force you to smoke, don’t feel compelled.

2 Likes

I tend to smoke out of boredom

2 Likes

You can be bored without smoking. Nothing changes in your life by quitting smoking. You can still feel the same emotions as with a cigarette. The difference are just healthbenefits. I am hoping for my miracle to quit.

2 Likes

I’ll let you know if I make it. Then maybe it can motivate you to quit :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

Stock up on anything you like to do. Have it all in sight. Like snacks, magazines, books, music, people, a list of people to phone and chat with, and any hobbies you already have.

3 Likes

@chordy good idea!

1 Like

Good luck!! I wish I was able to stop cold turkey.

2 Likes

Make sure any reminders of smoking are out of sight. - cigarettes, ash trays, wrappers, lighters.

3 Likes

Don’t think pink elephants (cigarettes).

2 Likes

Good for you and good luck. It’s a hard thing to do but wish you the best with it.

3 Likes

I stopped smoking on July 3, 2014. It is better!

6 Likes

Wishing you success and sending some (((hugs))) to help with the cravings.

:heart:

2 Likes

@Alice, Tell us how your day went.

1 Like

You can talk to people on here, if you want to. I don’t smoke, but I’m sure a lot of them have been where you are.

1 Like

Good luck!

I quit many times and it finally stuck a out 5 or 6 years ago. You’ll feel great once you get the nicotine out of your system. Be ready for the first bit being rough and coughing up a lot of phlegm. But once it is gone you will notice you breathe a lot easier.

A couple to three months later, food will taste so much better. That alone was worth it.

1 Like

excellent! always be mindful (present) in cravings. Good luck!

3 Likes

That’s right, Gene. The cravings will pass whether you use or not.

1 Like