I'm excited about next Friday

I’m going to a concert, first one I’ve been to since November. I love metal shows. :metal:

The headliner is A Killer’s Confession, a little-known band I like, fronted by former Mushroomhead vocalist Waylon Reavis. I believe all of the opening acts, and there will be a lot of them, are local bands or otherwise unsigned bands. Still, sometimes those opening bands knock my socks off. Doors open at 7, so I’m guessing the first band will take the stage around 7:30 or 8, and it runs until 2 a.m. That’s a lot of music for $12.

It’s at a nice, small, intimate venue. I’ve never been to this place, but I know it’s smallish.

My best bud is going with me, along with a couple guys from the foundry I used to work at. My best bud still works there; he’s the person who got me in. Pretty much everyone who works there knew someone who got them in. Sort of a “not what you know, but who you know” kind of thing.

7 Likes

Sounds great! Live music is where it’s at. I find it hard to get out these days just because gigs are far away and late…still. It’s good to get out and see some bands!

Have a good night matey!

1 Like

Yeah, I could use a fun night out, which I’m sure this will be. Hell, some of my favorite bands are ones I saw as openers at concerts, having never heard of them before that concert. Maybe next Friday I’ll discover another band I like. :slightly_smiling_face: I just have to curb my spending a bit that night, no blowing through $100 like I used to do on concert nights.

1 Like

Sounds like fun!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.