Schizophrenia.com

I'm calling my doctor in the morning... It's time to get my weight under control

I realized today how out of control my weight is when I put on a 2XL shirt and it fit perfectly… I’ve tried everything I can think of to lose this weight… It’s time to ask for help… Wish me luck

6 Likes

Best of luck! I’m seeing a nutritionist next month and hopefully that helps

2 Likes

@FatMama thank you… I’m nervous… Idk what the doctor is gonna say…

1 Like

I know how you feel @Twialine, I have put on a considerable amount of weight and have had to buy a completely new wardrobe. It always amazes me that every time we go to the Doctor we have obviously put on weight yet they do or say little about it. I think they know it is due to the medication and rather than try an address the medication issue they just put it in the “too hard basket”. I hope your Doctor listens to you and wish you well.

2 Likes

Good luck!

Thinking of going this route too. At the very least I want to bring up my food problems with my therapist.

1 Like

Good to ask for help. It’s not easy but it’s investing in your health and that is only a win for you.

Let us know how you go!

1 Like

My pdoc intends to make me quit zyprexa cos it is responsible for weight gain, as he said.

1 Like