Im a horrible gift giver

Each year for christmas and birthdays I give my family crappy gifts and they give me good gifts makes me feel bad but I just dont know what to get then I end up getting something lame

4 Likes

Thanks for reminding me. I still need to get a fathers day gift.

3 Likes

I need to do this as well. Have literally no idea what to get

Not earning atm, so I can only spend about £20

2 Likes

I’d love to help you but unless it’s children in my family who do gangbusters we do stupid stuff like $5 scratch off tickets. We have a good family so we unload on the kids…the adults just isn’t our radar but…

Gift cards with household stuff, hobby stuff, kitchen stuff you pretty much can’t go wrong…see what they may need and go from there. You’d be surprised how much a small gift card will go in the
kitchen for example!

1 Like

I dislike gift giving. I don’t know what other people want and don’t want to waste time and money getting them something they don’t appreciate or won’t use. I’m for exchanging cards and then we buy whatever we want for ourselves.

2 Likes

I am worse, I never give gifts :joy:

3 Likes

I enjoy gift giving, especially when it something I know the receiver can get excited about and enjoy. I’m not such a fan of gift giving for people like my dad, who are incredibly hard to buy for. I purchased two gifts for dad by the way, so I got that done.

3 Likes

Yeah, but it’s still awkward when you shove an expensive sex toy under the Xmas tree. Not for me, but for those there when it’s opened.

3 Likes

I suspect that you might be missing some boundaries. Jk :smiling_face:

2 Likes

Hiya

You could try a personalised gift on Etsy.co.uk quite good for under 20

1 Like

Hey. It’s the gift that keeps on giving.

3 Likes

I’m a horrible gift giver. My h8sband gives the best stuff, but I often forget until last.minute and have no money or can’t get it shipped in time.

3 Likes

Mr. Star and I refused to do special occasion gifts for years. If i see something I think he will like, I will get it and give it to him that day. And vice versa. Having kids changed that cuz the kids expect gifts at birthdays and holidays, but i sure miss the old days.

4 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.