If you've ever attended a concert, who did you see for your first one?

And how old were you?

I was a ripe old 30 when I went to see Mushroomhead for my first concert, December 2009. I’ve been to ten concerts since then, love it, even if I do get a little paranoid about the people around me. Every time I go to one I keep checking my pockets, feeling for my phone, wallet and keys, making sure they are all still there. I’ve never been to a big arena concert, though, that would be too many people; I’ve only been to smaller venues.

I’m not counting the symphony concerts my parents dragged me to when I was a kid.

When I was 23 I went to a Kansas concert. I’ve also been to a small concert by this bluegrass player named John Hartford. Those are the only musical performances I’ve ever been in.

1 Like

The Grateful Dead in 1968!

2 Likes

When I was 15 I went to see Wu-tang clan and rage against the machine at a large indoor/outdoor type venue. I was tripping on acid and smoking weed, so I don’t really remember it. I’ve been to probably a dozen concerts since then, all at small venues.

1 Like

I went to the Summer Jam in Seattle in 82 or 83. I was 13. I saw Joan Jet, Blue Oyster Cult, Loverboy, Bryan Adams and I can’t remember who else. I was just a tot. I snuck. I have only been to a few concerts in my whole life but that was the first.

1 Like

I seen Erasure at Madison Square Garden in 1990.

I had a wonderful time.

2 Likes

Strawbs- 1972 and 1973
Mahavishnu orchestra- 1973
Joan Armatrading- 1975/1976 (can’t remember which ).

2 Likes

I saw Led Zeppelin in 1977 when I was 16. My parents drove me and my three friends up to Oakland, Ca. (just above San Francisco) to see them in an outside baseball stadium there. The next year I drove me and my friend up in my first car to the same place to see the Rolling Stones. It was hard to remember what was happening because we had taken some, er, uh, '“foriegn substances”.

2 Likes

1983, my brother took me to see U2 in San Francisco. I was 16 and U2 was the only secular band I listened to. I was obsessed with all things Irish. We went to every U2 concert together over the next number of years…

2 Likes

First real concert was Dream Theater, last year when I was 19

When I was 16, I worked as a roadie for a huge festival, helping to set up and break down the stage for a ton of bands. I stayed backstage and got to chat with all of the performers. A few gave me CDs. There were mostly local acts, but Aaron Carter was there, too. He loved walking around barefoot, and he had hairy hobbit feet. The festival was three days long, and we slept at a nearby college dorm. We were supposed to all stay in our own rooms, but we dragged our mattresses into the lounge area and stayed up all night goofing off. One week before, I had just been told I had a brain tumor and would likely die within five years, so I was definitely living life to the fullest. I met a lot of really cool people.

I think that one of my first concerts that I saw was Molly Hatchet or Todd Rungdren

1 Like

My first concert was Kiss in 1977. I was 7 years old. It took me until I was 16 to figure out what that funny smell was.

1 Like

It was R.E.M. And I was 14.

2 Likes

I was 19 and saw Chevelle in 2007.

It was Willie Nelson. At a outdoor 4th of July concert. The year was 1979. I was 25.

Bad Company.(15 characters). It was in the early 80’s. I was in my mid twenties.

"Firt’en With Disaster"
Was that song by Molly Hatchet?

1 Like

Yes I think it was @77nick77 :slight_smile:

1 Like

Judas priest I was 17.

1 Like