If I will end up poor

How will I be able to buy my meds?
Will I end up crazy and homeless?

1 Like

I have fears of that. That i’ll End up living like Diogenes, just a modern version. Mad, homeless, probably using street drugs.

It’s one of the reasons I work so hard on my recovery

2 Likes

@Om_Sadasiva that’s one reason I’m going for disability while my mom is still around so I can have the resources I need to live a good life

2 Likes

I really need the disability but my psychiatrist says no, I will recover

@Om_Sadasiva maybe you will… My therapist and nurse (there is no pdoc in my area) say I will heal to a point but no further I’ve caused permanent damage and I’ve had 11 jobs in 2 years so they are all for me going for disability

If my meds were taken care of, I wouldn’t mind being a nomad of some sort. Just kind of drifting one city to another. Not caring about material possessions but my next meal is more important. But with sz, we gotta make sure we have our meds and other stability in healthcare first and foremost so even my least ambitious dreams get crushed by sz.

2 Likes

In Belgium you can get disability even if you aren’t chronically ill. You get a disability review every 2 years and then the doctor decides if you’re still unable to work and get benefits or not. Noone knows whether or not you are going to recover so I wouldn’t believe a doctor who claims to know.

2 Likes

I’ve often worried about these things myself. I wouldn’t survive the winters here.

1 Like

Yes, that’s true. No one can guarantee my sanity and recovery

I have this fear too. I don’t want to be homeless. Sometimes I think: what would happen if I was taken away disability?

1 Like

I don’t mind being homeless. I am jealous of homeless people, sometimes

I mind. I feel really sad when I see homeless people. Most of them have a mental illness.

do you have family and friends you can turn to in hardship?

I know mine would never let me be living on the streets.

1 Like

There’s something wrong with your pdoc. I would get a new one if he told me that.

2 Likes

Ya your doctor sounds like a dick!

1 Like

@anon12381882, @insidemind, could you explain?
Why does he sound like a dick?

Well, you are on a lot of meds and still have symptoms and he refuses to give you disability/money for your condition. Does Greece have benefits for disabled people? If so, you most definitely qualify in my eyes…

2 Likes

Yes, we have a small amount of money with disability. But not enough to live with them. Should I see another psychiatrist?

I would this almost sounds like mental abuse to me.

1 Like

Have you ever been homeless? It’s really not fun.