If I don't get those effing dishes

Done by Wednesday night bad things will happen to me. I feel on the edge of insanity.

1 Like

Nothing bad is going to happen,

Except maybe having a bunch of dirty dishes.

That being said,

Clean those dishes!

You can do it, try starting with only ten minutes of work and go from there.

5 Likes

I took out the garbage for tomorrow morning. It seems there is overwhelming amounts to do. I’m pretty sure the eye in the sky has something “marvelous” planned. It is hard being watched and never good enough.

“The journey of a thousand miles begins with one step.”

Don’t focus on how much there is to do. Instead just pick out one or two things and do them. You don’t have to do them at top speed or perfectly but just take a task and focus on the single task and once you start it, just keep the momentum going and finish it. Reward yourself with a soda or a couple of cookies or something and move on to the next chore.

A therapist told me years ago that the less you do, the less you are going to want to do. But the opposite is true too, the more you do, the more you’re going to want to do. Don’t set impossibly hard, unrealistic goals. Taking baby steps and starting out small and work yourself up to harder goals. This is how you get motivation and the reward is the good feeling you get with accomplishing something.

1 Like

I put on loud music sometimes it helps

1 Like

When I get mad at someone - I wash dishes clean the counters sweep it all away…

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.