I would to travel to Thailand for vacation

I’m putting this on my bucket list for November this year if all goes well with Covid. Its cheap backpacking Thailand and its visa free for the British so much easier going there than to Kerala, India where I also want to go.

This year I have booked, Ireland in May on a coach trip, Israel with my staff in June and Italy in October. These are booked and paid for. I’m going to save like mad and go to Thailand, these other holidays before will give me confidence to travel alone.

Also this will make me more compliant with my injection.

5 Likes

That’s so great that you can afford to travel and see the world.

3 Likes

Watchout for eating rat meat there. My uncle went to Thailand, they eat rats and monkey brains. They even kill the monkey and open his head get the brain out infront of you.

1 Like

Interesting fact… You will have a difficult time procuring life insurance in Canada (travel insurance as well) for a time after having traveled to Thailand alone as a male. So many men do it for sex tourism with underage prostitutes that the insurance companies just assume this is what happened and don’t want to touch you after. Not sure how things work in the U.K. but something to consider as a possible ramification.

Enjoy your trips! I just have one holiday planned in 2022. 2 weeks at Lake Como in Italy in September. Already looking forward to that.

3 Likes

Thailand is a popular destination for British travellers.

I love Lake Como, I went in 2019 for 10 days. I’m going to Rome, Sorrento , Pompeii in October with a friend.

1 Like

I hardly have any outgoings and have been able to continue saving during the lockdowns.

1 Like

Good for you :slight_smile: I’m happy you can travel.

I get $700/ month from disability which makes it impossible to save up for trips.

1 Like

I went to Italy a few years ago, what sucked is that some places the gps wouldn’t work, many small streets. I went to Rome, Venice and Milan I think. I visited the Trevi Fountain.

2 Likes

I really like Italy and have gone there several times.

I used to travel a lot and have seen many parts of the world. Now post-psychosis I don’t feel the urge anymore for intercontinental flights as I’m happy at home. I just travel usually once a year anymore.

2 Likes

I also visited in europe Germany and Netherlands. I visited family in Netherlands and one family member came from Belgium to see me in netherlands, he wanted to bring me visit Belgium but I didn’t have time as my parents were waiting for me in Italy.

2 Likes

I loved Thailand! my mother has a house there

1 Like

Have fun @bobbilly

1 Like

We’re hoping to move to Nova Scotia this fall. There are so many places in my own country I have yet to visit.

2 Likes

I’d love to move to cape Breton. It looks nice there

Belgium is so small that you can drive from the one side to the other in a couple of hours.

2 Likes

I went through Belgium on my way to Amsterdam when I was 18 on a coach trip. Since been to Holland many more thens since then.

2 Likes

I like coach trips abroad. I find them Value for money.

I travel much less now as I spend most of my money on my gaming PC instead of saving it for travel. But I want to visit Russia one day, Moscow and St Petersburg.

@bobbilly Did you ever visit south america? I liked it there for vacation, I even drove a boat, and its really cheap. Last time I went to Cuba it was 500$CA for 7 says all in, including wifi, unlimited bar drinks and food.

1 Like