I worry I have lost a friend

A former flat mate. Found out he lives a mile away from me now. We met a couple of times for coffee at mine.

Anyway he asked if we wanted to go for a walk and I let it slip I have problems leaving the flat. Haven’t heard from him since :weary:

2 Likes

Maybe he got busy. Maybe he’s depressed and needs to rest. Maybe he’s isn’t understanding of your disability. Time will tell. But one thing is for sure, you can’t control his reaction or thoughts so it’s best to let it go for now and try to relax. What will be, will be.

5 Likes

It’s cool he came and hung out a few times. Maybe he will again. I try not to put deadlines on things, they cause me to spend hours fixating on what ifs. Who knows 6 months from now you could be wishing he’d leave you alone. So far you’ve got to have a couple good visits. :blush:

2 Likes

Thanks for the replies folks. Yeah I do know he has some real life stuff he has to deal with. I think I will send him a text just letting him know he is always welcome at mine anytime

4 Likes

Guess what!? He just replied. He said he was just gonna message me himself.

He is coming round after lunch

14 Likes

That’s awesome.

2 Likes

Think I am going to make a big effort and have us go to the bar across the street (will only be having coffee though). Am sick and tired of my flat

5 Likes

My pal is a doctor so I will feel pretty safe with him around if I have a mini freak out

3 Likes

That’s great! I’m glad you texted him and now he’s coming over :). I hope you have a good time :slight_smile:

2 Likes

So my mate came round and we had a great time. He is such a laid back guy. We just drank tea and watched cricket.

He noticed I had the ‘marley’ dvd - the documentary about Bob Marley. We agreed the next time he come round we shall watch it.

15 Likes

thats great Jim :slight_smile: he sounds ok

2 Likes

Lol bob Marley is sick so is his ~17 legitimate and illegitimate sons. They all make great music!!

3 Likes

I thought Marley was a very well made documentary. I hope you enjoy it.

Also, that’s great you and your friend reconnected.

Take care! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Awesome Jimbo. Glad you got some face time and left your pad for a while
Cheers!

:slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

Good stuff!
Glad you have a good friend you can hang out with .

1 Like

That’s great! I’m glad you had a good time. And even better, plans for a next time. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks everyone for all your lovely replies. I had a good day today

1 Like

Just up to speed and glad you had a good day matey! It’s worth making that little effort for people. Sometimes that takes you out of your comfort zone but it’s worth it in the end!

2 Likes

This is GREAT @anon94176359! So happy for you!

1 Like

Good friends are worth so much! I’m glad you have such a good connection! :star_struck:

2 Likes