I want to thank

all my online peeps that I’ve met here recently. I come and go to this forum but talking with everyone lately has made me not only want more for my life but also i just want to take advantage of my health coverage and get some therapy and counseling and talk to other schizophrenics too while i have good insurance coverage. I think I’ve needed it for a long time. The closest group is a distance away but i do think it’s worth it. So i’m going to call on Monday. :slight_smile:

9 Likes

Thank you too, for being such a kind person.

1 Like

this is the best forum on the net…
glad its helping you it helps me a lot too hugsx

1 Like

and i did call with an intake appointment this week! Thanks caroline and dandy for your nice comments!

I myself have been dying to meet other schizophrenics in person. I am going to ask my psychologist what the best support group in my city is- I did a little research and there’s a NAMI meeting tomorrow night, I think I will ask him if he approves. I see him in a couple hours. I just wish I could hear some other perspectives on the same condition. I love this forum, it really is great! I just think it would be nice to go to a formal meeting.

1 Like

Yeah i thought of nami too but right not there aren’t any groups going. I think you should do it too. I’ve met very few people that are schizo. I think it’s important. especially for you and your degree. :slight_smile:

1 Like

I would have to agree that this is the best forum I’ve been on for support & just different stories to help anyone along in there journey for answers. I was in a support group here in my city & being around others of like mind is even better in person.

1 Like

i looked into the group therapy and REALLy want to do it. BUT it is a bit too far away and i live in the artic practically so just with winter here i think it would be too far not to mention my car is 13 years old.

BUT i am doing a dietician class with people with mental illness in february. and i am going to see a therapist. so that’s a improvement. i just need to find someone i like!