I want to start walking more

Its healthy and will probably relieve some anxiety and restlessness. Ive just been too depressed to do anything.

9 Likes

Abilify will certainly help you start walking more. It probably won’t be enjoyable walking, but it will be walking nonetheless.

I dont want to do abilify again. It didnt help when i took it. Im on zyprexa and thats the best med for me

3 Likes

Someone just posted recently an article about how there was a study and essentially it was more beneficial to do a 10 minute brisk walk 3 times a day than it was too walk the popularly recommended 10K steps.

1 Like

Awesome idea to walk more. Abilify definitely makes my legs want to move :slight_smile: I hope the walking works out for you. I remember I used to find it very calming when I had the severe anxiety issues.

If your depressed it will make you feel better. I go 2 times a week about 45 minutes.

I like the quiet back streets with cozy little homes as scenery. Sunday morning is the best. very peaceful, quiet, a squirrel scampering by, a church bell ringing, the ocassional cat peering out the front porches.

I like streching too. Nothing fussy, no how to tapes or formal instructions.

Just sit on the side of bed and do a bit of stretching till the snooze alarm is ready to be tapped. Then a bit of standing and stretching the back, legs and such.

After the second snooze , I usually stop. It is a great way to start the day.

I’ve started trying to walk once a week. It helps a little

I’d like to start walking more too. When the weather permits, I usually walk my dog daily. It’s been so cold though I haven’t been walking much.

That is a great idea for you too. I hope you do!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.