I want to go but fear brother

My dads funeral to Friday I have no way there. Not even sure If I want to go I’m afraid of my brother. He blames his terrible life on me. And lectures me that I need to get off my ass and get a job.

I also dont know if I can make it through the funeral itself. My dad was amazing and a troubled person. Now I have no connection. In the family having to do with my illness.20190909_133619

Me and my dad

20 Likes

I’m sorry for your loss, @cbbrown.

1 Like

How old was your Dad? He looks like he’s from my age. Cute picture.

1 Like

Sorry for your loss @cbbrown.

He was 56 both his parents died fairly young my dad is the youngest out of his brothers and sisters.

@anon54386108 and @everhopeful thank you. He was a great story teller that’s what I’m going to miss the most. He called me lead bottom for like a year.

Long story short I accidentally stabbed myself in the butt with a pencil. Technically i sat on it.

6 Likes

Oh, gee. He died young.

1 Like

Many huge hugs to you at your loss. I wish you were able to say Just knock the fu-ck off my brother.

1 Like

I’d go anyway. Hugs that’s your father.

2 Likes

Cheeseburger and Mac & cheese

1 Like

Sending lots of hugs ((hugs))

1 Like

My brother was favored by our mom so he got away with everything. He was verbally and physically abusive towards our parents and I just felt it was because my brother thought he was superior to my sickly dad. I’m scared of my brother in all honesty

there was no way i was missing my dads funeral, i’d have gone even if there was a gu on me tbh, i had to say goodbye.

1 Like

Sorry about my previous post it was meant to be in the dinner thread.

As far as your situation I would say go. You need that closure. I’d bring your partner if you’re too scared.

1 Like

It’s for your dad. If your brother is a dick, treat him like one!

Condolences on your fathers passing. 56 is too young

3 Likes

I’m so sorry this is even an issue. I think you should go, though. This is about you and your dad and your last chance to say goodbye. Just try to avoid your brother and try to stay calm and let him make an ass of himself if he tries anything. :heart:

2 Likes

I saw this and made me think of him. He started my love of westerns and sci fi we would talk and watch them for hours

3 Likes

I think you should try your best to go. But if it’s too much for you it might be best to make a special trip to visit his grave after the funeral to pay your respects. (Hugs) I’m sorry for your loss and I wish you peace in your time of grief.

1 Like

Sorry for your loss and love to you.:two_hearts:

1 Like

I’m so sorry for your loss @cbbrown.
Try to go to the funeral if you’re able.

1 Like

Sorry for your loss @cbbrown

1 Like