I thought the mentally ill or lost had flat eyes

But in all the pictures I’ve seen of us, I don’t see any of the flat eyed look. Is that because we’re aware?

Years ago, I used to feel fine but when I looked in the mirror sometimes I’d have what looked like to me “evil eyes”. Thankfully they’ve gone now.

1 Like

Ive looked at a few of my old photos, when i was pro-dromal, a good 6 years before the sz diagnosis - and in hindsight you can see i was ill.

My eyes was lost flat and grey. Shame no other bloody medical professional picked up on me, i might have got my insight back years sooner.

2 Likes

My eyes were never flat, but I definitely had what my ex called “crazy eyes.” You could tell I was ill by looking at me. Not anymore.

3 Likes

The only “flat eyes” look I’ve seen was a guy on YouTube who had an occipital type lobotomy.

I think for many years I had an ‘inward stare’. I think it has passed now - sometimes my eyes look a bit stoned

My fiancée and mother can normally tell when I’m not doing to hot, by my eyes. They say they change and I get a thousand meter stare.

1 Like

A former coworker seemed able to see when I stopped meds. Dont know how, might been the eyes.

if you are doped up to the eyeballs then you can look very gaunt and placid, tired eyes

1 Like

Oh, I definitely can have the ‘‘crazy’’ eyes… My ex was saying to me, that I have empty eyes when he was angry to me… But I know this very well and its a pain… I still try to hide my eyes sometimes… Too much of insight on this is probably paranoid too :confused: But yeap, I think still a lot if my eyes are ‘‘fine’’…

I was checking out the latest selfie thread and was relieve to see how few of us have CRAZEE EYES.

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.