I think it is mania

I starting to think I am manic. Obsessively thinking about one thing. And not being able to let go. Feeling over excited about it. Can’t stop thinking it is tiring me out. I’m tired of thinking.

2 Likes

What are you thinking about, @anon80629714? Getting married? You should be sure your boyfriend is on board with it.

1 Like

I mean I’m on the verge of tears I’m tired.

I’m pretty sure he is. Or he wouldn’t introduce me to his parents. But my obsession isn’t healthy.

@anon80629714, if you’re on the verge of tears, you’re not manic. You’re probably depressed.

1 Like

I do get mixed episodes though. I wasn’t on the verge of tears until about 30 mins ago.

1 Like

Could be I’m on my period so…

1 Like

Be careful @anon80629714, obsessive thinking can be part of mania.
I get this a lot.

2 Likes

That would certainly explain everything.

Yeah I didn’t realise it was mania until I realised I’ve spent the whole day looking at rings to buy and shopping for bridal wear.

2 Likes

@Don’t feel bad @anon80629714, I’ve done the exact same thing as you in my past. The day after I met the woman of my dreams, I went out to a bridal shop and tried on wedding dresses and veils and shoes and garters all without my girlfriends knowledge. Luckily, I didn’t buy anything. When I told my woman about it she was in shock. We had just met one another.

2 Likes

Right now I’m just obsessed so not sure it is mania or not as I don’t have all the symptoms but I’m exhausted as I can’t stop thinking about it.

Obsessive thinking can be involved in sz/sza/psychosis.

1 Like

I’m not in psychosis. Im pretty sure of it.

1 Like

Hypomania and mania can take on different faces.
Irritability, anxiety, euphoria, anger, joy, and obsessive behaviors.

2 Likes

I was just listing it as a possibility.

1 Like

I’d say euphoria most of the day. Ended up at the shops with my mum and searched bridal wear and spent a lot of the day on the internet looking at rings. Because I might be getting married soon. And it’s not the case. He’s clearly told me.

2 Likes

I know. Thank you. But I don’t think I’m not hallucinations or delusions . Unless I am not aware.

I think this will pass soon but it’s very frustrating.

If your obsessive thinking doesn’t subside then I would contact your pdoc.

2 Likes