I think is impossible find a boy/girlfriend with this illness

It’s very easy: there are thousands of beautiful, intelligent and interesting people without any mental illness.
Most of the society hate us or at least they think we are dangerous, violent or rude

i’m 23 and i never had a relationship, i try to get a boyfriend(i’m bi but i like men more) and always is the same: “you’re looking is ok, we can have a date”, and they rejected me in the date because of my wierd behaviour and lack of social skills

i’m so obsessed with find love, i’m literally lonely

Yes. It’s really dificult or maybe imposible. I was obsessed with find love too and I found it. But I realised love is not as beautiful as I thought.

3 Likes

I’m content with myself since I learned that ideality will never become reality.

1 Like

i dont even try because i cant even talk to people normally my poverty of speech is so bad. if this continues ill probably alone all my life unless i get healed somehow or i get off meds after 2 years. i think the medicine is causing me to have these side effect also i hate the feeling it gives me. i think women have it easier than men we cant even get dates lol. if i was gay i would have it even easier but im not =/. i tried online dateing but as soon as i mention i have schizophrenia they stop talking lol. wish i could find someone with sz or sza to date i even tried nolonger lonely with no luck

1 Like

Well I mean you shouldn’t want it unless someone is good for you in the first place… and that’s rare for everybody.

Hi!, from my experience is a lot easier to have great social skills and “normal” behaviour if you date someone who shares your interests.

And it´s very easy to have the opposite if you don´t share too much.

If you don´t mind to share, what are your interests?

You’re still real young. I was obsessed too. I’m 29 and I was weird. I’ve never had a real “girlfriend” before but I’m close to that now hopefully. A lot of girls seem into me. With this illness it sets us back a bit sometimes but we can recover learn/take better meds to act normal. Use the dates as a learning experience. Learn from it. You’ll be fine. Patience is a virtue.

Yes, I get rejection sometimes too because of my poverty of speech and thought. You just have to find the right guy. Sounds corny but don’t give up on love! It’s easier for women than men, in my opinion… just dress cute!

I think it’s possible, hopefully for you too.
Me personally : don’t think I will ever have a bf again. Well I never had one in the first place, just two guys and that was ‘fwiends wid benefits’ or something like that. Both were toxic relationships thou

my ex wanted to marry me, at the time

I think I will be alone till I die. Like you say, there are plenty of people to choose from without the baggage we carry.

I am pretty bad company with anyone after a couple of hours hanging out. I need my alone time. I could never have a partner for a long time

sometimes I like being single. other times I want a relationship, but not enough to put myself out there. if it happens, it happens. I have family im close with so that kind of is enough for me.

1 Like

Hey, you can look at the bright side and say at least they didn’t get involved with you and then throw you out or lie to you after you were totally invested. Maybe that’s even a bit of respect, which is good.

and another thing, those beautiful, intelligent and interesting people probably have problems too. Although I think the same type of thing… to many obstacles to getting in a relationship.

1 Like

I’m friends with an SZA guy in my area… so far we get along great… never thought this could happen.m i thought i was doomed to be single.

3 Likes

You’re young… in time you’ll find the right mate for you. I got married at 28. It lasted 15 years. Now I’m free at last, free at last!

I only recently got a boyfriend. We’ve been together like 8 months now.

He accepts me for who I am and even tries to befriend my alters.

I love him.

Don’t lose hope

2 Likes

I like somebody too and I’m waiting for him to come back to me one day. But I’m getting older and missing opportunities. There’s seriously some doctor who liked my profile and I had to turn him down. Don’t want this one to get away though… :frowning:

1 Like

Normal people are ■■■■■■ up beware of dating while schizophrenic people take that as a weakness and will try to find a way to use and exploit you even more than being normal.

I think it damn near impossible for normal people also to find love.