I think I was misdiagnosed

Do you mean like it sounds like your thoughts/internal voice, which, for me, don’t have any of that?

1 Like

My voices are internal 99% of the time.
They can still be scary and intrusive and overpowering.

But like I said, my psychiatrist said that the feeling I had of them taking over was due to the psychosis, and so was the dissociating.

3 Likes

It’s like it’s my internal voice with me applying identity (gender, name, etc) to it. If that makes any sense

It does. That is definitely dissociative-like, but the diseases are often confused for each other anyway. This may take some time to work out with a doctor.

1 Like

Can you have them for example type using your hands like

Hello this is his friend :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

Thanks, I guess I’ll bring it up and see what they say.

2 Likes

Not since I got on the right medication.
But if I get very stressed out and angry at the same time, I can sometimes let the evil one take over my writing, and she’ll chew people out for me because she knows I don’t have the courage to tell them how I feel myself.

She’s condescending and hurtful, but she gets the job done.

1 Like

Interesting. I mean for me it’s all day every day (bro) :smirk: so I feel like it’s out of the ordinary.

Are you on any antipsychotic medication at the moment?
They could make it go away or lessen it.

1 Like

Yeah I’m on Olanzapine currently and it does nothing as far as I can tell.

I admit though that I like the company of my “friend”. She really is a nice companion.

If you don’t do either of those DID is definitely not your diagnosis.

This sounds like a form of dissociation called depersonalization. Which is not uncommon with disorders like sz.

But DID is different cause you will take on different personas. I’m a system of 8+ people. Which basically means there are 8 different people I can be all in one body.

So normally I’m “noise” im the main personality. Im an introvert i love music videogames and sugar who identifies as nonbinary. And I will go through my day as “noise”

Then i might switch normally because of a specific trigger (granted this is not always the case) and suddenly I’m “Sarah” now I’ll be very outgoing, have a love for makeup and fashion, and I’ll think I’m an 18 year old girl. And I “noise” will not be aware of this. And Sarah will go around telling everyone she is Sarah while doing things that Sarah likes.

Then when I finally get back in my head I wake up with 200$ worth of Sephora products and flawless eyeliner. when I don’t even know how to put on makeup.

This is just a very brief shitty description of what it’s like but that’s the basic jist of how it works.

2 Likes

That’s dramatic dissociation, and I definitely can’t relate. Instead I’m just a young man sharing a body with an older woman who is obsessed with my junk.

That sounds more like an intrusive thought/ voice.

1 Like

But she controls my body all the time like to comfort me (hugs, etc). I just wish I had simple hallucinations or whatever truly characterises schizophrenia.

Idk… I guess deep down I wish science could accept her as a non-embodied entity of some kind. Ya know like a spirit or angel, but that’ll never happen of course.

And thanks to everyone for the responses btw. This community is very friendly and open :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Mine can gain minor control of my body at times and do things simular to that. But unless you actually go around as that woman id have to say its not DID. Of course I’m not a doctor so if you are still unsure you can ask your doc.

I think as long as she’s not causing you major problems you shouldn’t worry about it too much. Of course tell your doctor about her. And if things ever get out of hand let your doc know.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.