Schizophrenia.com

I think I might. Wishful thinking

Quit smoking. I don’t feel like it anymore. I’m just not going to focus on eating healthy until I get a grip on the smoking. And double my coffee intake. I really don’t think it is going to be all that hard. Maybe it’s all just wishful thinking. Who knows. :smoking:

Good luck to you. You can do it. :hugs::hugs::hugs:

The first few weeks are the hardest. After that, it’s free wheeling.

Use gum, lozenges, patches, Chantix, CBT, anything you need to in order to help.

Good luck.

I hope you quit. My father smoked for fifty years. He’s got copd, bronchitis. Idk it’s just scary. I believe in you that you’ll quit.

My father smoked for 61 years. He died of heart disease from his smoking.

I’m sorry to hear about your dad

We all have addictions to overcome from sugar to herion. I hope you can kick your addiction, best of luck.

Hugs. I try and keep an on him.

I had to try many times before it stuck again on this quit…after about ten tries once I lasted eight months and went back to it…now I’m on day 28 and feeling strong once again…the difference is I am not drinking anymore . I always fall down when I drink so no more of that for me. you can do it…don’t get discouraged if it takes a couple times for the quit to stick…

It’s coming up on a year now that I quit. I was very addicted to smoking. If I can do it anyone can.

It’s costing me 8.90 a pack here in CA and I’m smoking a pack a day. I had planned to try to quit while I was here to save money, the cigarettes are cheap or free (if I smoke my stepdad’s stock) back in VA. I just can’t do it, this disease has made it a lot harder than it used to be to quit. I used to be able to quit with willpower, now I just say screw it I am so stressed due to these voices.

You should definitely try if you want though. Longest I’ve gone was 18 days and I saw my roommate smoking on the deck and joined him, that was a big mistake, I had beaten the craving. I’ll give it another go some other time.

I’m around 15 days without a smoke. I think I can continue. However I do vape daily.

honestly, i had a cigar after a day or so of not smoking when i realized:…im actually paying to be depressed. Cigarettes are depressants. Its a class of drugs. they litterally make you depressed. When you realized how happy youd be without them youll wanna quit even more

A pack here is a minimum of $14