I remain stable 7 months after quitting medication. Am I cured?

I want to quit meds too!! I’m feeling lucky :four_leaf_clover: but I’ve been hospitalized 15 times so I’m not sure if that’s the right move.

2 Likes

man, I am so tired of telling schizophrenics they need their meds…you are unstable and will soon not be here on this forum because you will most probably fall off the grid of reality…yes, I am mad you like to talk about and encourage people to stop their meds…I thought this was a pro med forum…wtf.

3 Likes

That’s terrific. I think some SZ patients can manage without meds. There was a guy form the recovery movement during my last hospitalization. He was a SZ patient and had not eaten meds in several years, had a stable job and did good.

But most of us, have to eat meds the rest of our lives. I can’t work without AD’s.

1 Like

I’m still taking ADs, those I can handle.

2 Likes

Welcome to the forum! NDE

Yeah, welcome to the forum @NDE

1 Like

All of this again and more
My 6 months off meds cost me 3 years of my life

They measure relapses in years not months

1 Like

I’m not an unreasonable man, I have nothing against other people taking meds.

2 Likes

I’ve peace of mind 11 years the joy I feel every day is a bonus

:vulcan_salute: :ok_hand: :v: :crossed_fingers: :love_you_gesture: :metal: :selfie: :blonde_man:

2 Likes

No, and I can’t emphasize that enough. I used to go symptom free the same amount of time and have breakdowns about once per year and thought maybe I was okay without meds

Looking back I regret it wish I took them earlier an stayed on them, but wanted to see if I could do it without them.

1 Like

Lol dude try to remain positive a lot of people have happy and full lives still. Honestly when I’m medicated I’m happy. Best of luck!

1 Like

Dude don’t… Life’s a game of chess play smart bro. Medicine was made to help us. If you had diabetes would you stop taking insulin?

This would suggest encouragement

Not if she is doing fine. Meds can play a positive role but they are not a categorical imperative.

I was on medications for two years before living

yeah there is a difference between ad and antisycotic

1 Like

I don’t fully believe in the dopaminergic theory of psychosis. Aps never helped me at all. To me it is poison, but if it helps everyone else, then good for them.

1 Like

yeah thers better alternatives,socilizing.working.excersising.

1 Like

I crashed and burned at 12 months off meds although I was under a lot of stress with my elderly mother at the time. I was becoming unwell at the 6 month mark but did not realise it at the time.

I wish you well and hope you manage to keep your life stress free in order to stay off medication.

1 Like

relapse is most like;ly going to affect you if you stay unmedicated.