I realize now why I am sza and not sz

When I’m on meds and I have an episode it is usually activated by a mood episode. I don’t become floridly psychotic. But my insight completely goes out the window. They go hand in hand. Mood difficulties and loss of insight at the same time. When I was off meds tho, I was psychotic 24/7.

6 Likes

You must have episodes without the mood component to be diagnosed with sza.

When I was off meds I was psychotic 24/7 and the moods barely showed. Or I didn’t have enough insight to notice them. It was my primary issue. Now on meds my mood acts up, I automatically become psychotic. I’m pretty sure that’s the criteria. @Wave would know best as he’s struggled with understanding his diagnosis.

2 Likes

With SZA you have constant psychosis with occasional shifts in mood, either bipolar or depression.

You seem to have good insight into your disorder @Jonnybegood.

With bipolar one gets psychotic only when manic or depressed.

3 Likes

I have sza too. I was diagnosed with sz before but I had a history of mood swings from when I first got sick. When I relapsed the first symptom to come back was depression and occasionally highs as well. My psychosis happened both in mood phases and out of them when I was normal.

Nowadays on meds I don’t have much mood problems and get intermittent psychotic symptoms even when I’m in normal mood.

1 Like

That’s right. Psychosis even in normal mood. Thats the definition of sza

3 Likes

I get supposed delusions all the time but I don’t believe them to be delusions. So that kind of blurs the boundaries. But even when my mood is normal I think I’m the chosen one. So there.

2 Likes

If one day I get anointed Jesus Christ maybe they’ll rediagnose me bi polar :wink:

3 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.