I noticed something

A lot of stuff about Christmas on here but not a lot about Thanksgiving! I’m going to my nephews for Thanksgiving.

3 Likes

That’s nice @77nick77 Angie and I are going to my mom’s for turkey day and then we are going to buy a turkey day after on sale and make another turkey dinner together here. Lots of turkey and stuffing with a bite of cranberry sauce on every bite !! Yayyyyy.

3 Likes

I am going to have a quiet Thanksgiving - the way I like it.
Going to spend it with my Dad, Mom and dog - celebrating it at our house

2 Likes

Wow, you guys are having two big holidays in winter! I don’t know if I should celebrate Christmas here in China. I usually did it when in Australia. My son is still in Australia so I have no children around me. Any holiday celebration would be quiet. But I will send Christmmas cards to all my friends who live in Australia. I like beautiful cards.

2 Likes

I am doing a little dinner here at home. I don’t want to tackle a turkey, so ham it is. My boyfriend, my brother, and a couple friends will be here. Then on Sunday after, I have a family dinner at my uncle’s house.

2 Likes

I’m going to eat at a Chinese restaurant with my brother + some other people. I hope to get sausage balls made to give. My recipe makes 6 dozen. Reminds me of you, Baked Beans.

3 Likes

Thanksgiving is always the same here… rain or shine or freezing cold… it’s the last fishing day for the year.

So many of us end up fishing, catching Nothing and then we buy frozen salmon at the market.

I’ll be having dinner with the family at our parents house.

3 Likes

I’m going home but I don’t think we’re doing anything special. Yesterday our school had a pre-Thanksgiving Thanksgiving dinner, since we have that week off. It was tasty and there were copious amounts of food. I like that my college does that because it means I get one Thanksgiving meal with friends and one with family!

1 Like

When I think about Thanksgiving I always think about the OU-Nebraska game of 1971, when our aunt, uncle, and cousins were over. Nebraska had been ranked #1 all year. OU had been ranked #2. Both teams had totally destroyed every opponent they had played. The game was desperate from the beginning. First, one team would score with a frantic scoring drive, then the other team would score the same way. We sat on the edge of our seats the whole game. The final score was Nebraska 35; OU 31. Both teams were undefeated the rest of the season, and they finished the season ranked #1 and #2.

Bought a generic turkey TV dinner that is going into the microwave. :tv: :chicken:

1 Like

I will never forget the football game when OU had Von Shawman (sp) kick for the extra point and it was a really long distance and the kicker nailed it for the win. My dad was punching holes in the ceiling I remember…good times. It’s a shame you don’t want to be friends @crimby

A can of cranberry is a buck-fifty. You can buy a box of stuffing for a couple dollars.
Boil some water, throw it in for a couple minutes. Frozen mixed vegetables are easy in the microwave. A can of yams; a couple bucks, heat in microwave, put a spoonful of brown sugar on them. And you can eat off the leftovers for a couple days.

2 Likes

I’m getting up early to run the local 5K Turkey Trot. Then, I can’t believe it but my parents actually agreed to go to my bf’s relatives house for dinner! It should be interesting. Dad said he’ll stay a while after eating as long as no one talks to him.

1 Like

I’m going to my aunts house for thanksgiving. I’m making the collard greens and bringing the honey baked ham.

1 Like