I never stood a chance

Yet 55 years later, here I am, alive and kicking and raring to go.

12 Likes

she anā€™t looking nickā€¦but good luck anyway!

1 Like

did you ever find that change.

Hey,

I began living in 1999. That was when I was diagnosed and put on meds.

Couldnā€™t have done what I have without them. Couldnā€™t be the man I am today without treatment and medications.

Yeah. 45 and loving it!

Peace, Age and understanding!

Rogueone.

4 Likes

Yeah we never stood a chanceā€¦for much of anything with this disease but we beat the odds by just staying alive.

2 Likes

Not only do I stay alive I manage to live life a little. But it ainā€™t easy. Well, despite all the crap that comes my way, whether itā€™s intentional or un-intentsional at least I can say, "Hey world, I got a clean car, lol! I vacuumed out my car and took a bag of trash out of it.And you canā€™t take that away from me you damn leeches and vampires. Not you guys of course.

People are pretty nice though, if you give them a chance. Sunny day, and I was out all day. Went to McDonaldā€™s and picked up a #3. Thatā€™s a Big Mac, a large fries, and a large diet coke for people who donā€™t know. But I went to the park and ate it in my car. To make up for not getting out of my car at the park, I went to a restaraunt and sat outside at a table.

Some bald guy was there, I hurt his feelings,lol, and I think I scared him a little but not in a schizophrenic way. Just a man to man way. Actually, I donā€™t know whoā€™s a man out there or not. He looked like a man but he sure didnā€™t act like it. It was just a very small, tiny incident in my day. No big deal but it made me remember, that there are some messed up people out there and I have to use normal caution. We have a reason for the way we act, I donā€™t know how so-called "normalā€™ people out there justify acting like jerks.

Maybe their mom didnā€™t raise them to be decent people. My mom sure raised me to be a decent person and I am trying to stay that way. Anyway, enough about me. I hope you guys are having a calm weekend. Anyone have any good news to report? Lets hear it.

2 Likes

I also decided to work with doctors iny commitment to mental health in late 98. Iā€™ll be 40 in 2mos

2 Likes

not as old as all you folks, but I didnā€™t start living until high school, before that it was all about making my family happyā€¦then I met a girl and she turned me around. I miss her like hell, but I know shes up in heaven and it keeps me going. Nothing else realy matters but the words she drilled into my head after I was diagnosed.

ā€œThis is just the trial that every real human being has to overcome, for some its a death, for others its a physical disease. For you its Schizophrenia. I donā€™t care if you have every fatal disease in the world, I wonā€™t give up on you!ā€

She said that every night before bed.

3 Likes

Thatā€™s niceā€¦

@Dremulf You are lucky to have known a person like her.

ā€¦

Letā€™s raise a glass (of Sparkling Cranberry Grape Juice) to all who are fighting our diseases! Especially @77nick77

Here, here/ @metime. But Iā€™m sorry, could you make mine chocolate milk instead?

1 Like

Shaken or stirred?

Straight from the chocolate cow.

1 Like

Haha! Okay.

1 Like

Have a nice night @metime. In the immortal words of Mr, darksith, ā€œTake careā€.

2 Likes

I have good news! I had a really good day on Saturday. We need a new washing machine and we found one, it will be delivered this week. Then we went to the city for lunch. Then we decided to go for a drive in the evening and had ice cream by the waterside.

I really like reading about your days @77nick77

You too.

I was brushing my teeth and washing my face.

Thanks, and I enjoyed reading about yours!

After reading your posts like this, I always feel a little guilty and inferior, because I donā€™t work and I donā€™t eat from McDonalds with money Iā€™ve earned.

Some years back a psych person whoā€™s known me for a long time told me I was un-hirable. The last few years Iā€™ve added physical limitations to the psychological ones. I could do some kind of work at home on my computer - but not if itā€™s repetitive. Repetitiveness drives me up the wall. Typing something that makes sense in some way. I canā€™t sit for long periods of time. But maybe I could work in shifts.

I always feel guilty after reading your posts, and feel a need to answer for myself.

Oh, Good news?

Iā€™ve been hearing calls from two different large birds - like hawk or raven size in the morning. I have missed bird calls since Iā€™ve moved in. Now that spring is here there is evidence of more birds. I think there are doves with a nest in ā€˜myā€™ Juniper tree. All summer I heard a very faint mockingbird with a dearth of songs. It really bothered me. I guess there werenā€™t that many birds for it to learn songs from. Sightings of other birds + big nests in the trees in this small-landed place walled off from traffic and businesses - with 4 gates -