I need to plan new exercise routines for winter

In spring, summer and autumn I ride my bicycle a lot, but during our long winter my exercising routines are minimal and I tend to gain weight during our winter months. I need to plan other exercise routines. I do not like going to gyms, and in winter walking can also be dangerous on icy roads. What do you suggest?

5 Likes

Stationary bike in the house.

6 Likes

Kettlebell is a full body workout, and doesn’t take much room.

YouTube “kettlebell snatch”.

This is what I would do if I didnt have a gym to go to.

4 Likes

you could do step aerobics…create a step in ur house and do the step to music…it s a good workout

5 Likes

also stationary bike while at home or do aerobics or yoga at home

4 Likes

I like elliptical machines. Also I did p90x videos. I tried body beast but it was hard. Right now I’m doing elliptical and yoga, situps, leglifts for glutes and lifting weights.

5 Likes

3 Likes

I would suggest going to the mall and walking inside of it. That is if you have those in Finland.

1 Like

Lot’s of simple exercise you can do in your home with just basic equipment. You also can do bodyweight exercises. I use pinterest to get some good workouts. Easily accessible on the net these days.

4 Likes

I just do indoor jogging.

2 Likes

YouTube workout videos. Try a different one every day.

3 Likes

I’d suggests you not ignore strength exercises, they are really that important for you, especially when humans starting to age and our bodies starting to atrophy.

People tend to fall short in my opinion when they decide to stick to cardio exercises only. Weightlifting is superior since you can crank up repetitions, if cardicardiovascular and respitory endurance is your concern.

In this case I’d go with Mike’s kettlebell advice for upper body workout, and Tom’s bike, for lower body. Don’t be afraid to spend that little money, these are really good tools that will benefit you tremendously.

5 Likes

Indoor pool. Some of them got a Sauna as well.

2 Likes

@mjseu try buying equipment online, I have weights,medicine ball and boxing equipment like yourself not really a fan of the gym,so prefer to workout at home

1 Like

I know some American men have an aversion to it, but in India, yoga was originally a mans practice. That’s what I do and recommend.

3 Likes

@SkinnyMe my nephew swears by yoga but iam passed it tbh :smile:

1 Like

You can buy a stand that your bike attaches too and you can ride indoors. That’s what I plan to do to try and lose some weight

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.