I need to know about guys

It seems like that sometimes. Right when I start respecting women I see them let men use them and treat them bad and I feel like a fool.

Iā€™m not going to read all the other responsesā€¦ Iā€™m sure that some of them will give you some insight perhapsā€¦

We are all different people. To generalize just reinforces social dogmas that maintain expectations and keep people locked away from being themselves.

What you need to do is see yourself as an intellectual character and subtly demand you are treated that way. I donā€™t mean the classic ā€œsmarter than thou schmuckā€ I mean you are a human being beyond all else. Gender/sexuality/appearance are irrelevant kind of character. Treat them like their gender/sexuality/appearance is irrelevant.

It is the professional world your talking about enteringā€¦ there are standards there. Ideals of equality first and foremost. HR is always there. You are equal, be equalā€¦ quit grouping people and let people be individuals. If they fit with some archetype so be itā€¦ not every one does.

3 Likes

At least you didnā€™t spend thousands of dollars on a woman before she just said that she doesnā€™t feel that way In this point of her life.

Thatā€™s what I was trying to sayā€¦ but it didnā€™t come off as wellā€¦

good oneā€¦ @SoitGoes

You work in the same placeā€¦ youā€™ll have things in commonā€¦ youā€™ll have a lot of the same office cultureā€¦ deadlinesā€¦ projectsā€¦

Youā€™ll meet some good / bad / and ugly of both gendersā€¦

all you need to do is ask a question on ā€˜how to understand guys betterā€™ and voila you get the attention of like 8 guys. you seem fairly intelligent so you dont lack anything beyond that.

Women who put up with ā– ā– ā– ā–  are not to be disrespected.
They should be understood. But of course not everyone is on that level.

2 Likes

Gotta go with nick on this one.

Put up with ā– ā– ā– ā– ? You put yourself in the position to face that ā– ā– ā– ā– .

Girls who do that just empower those kinds of guys to keep doing their thing.

Thatā€™s what I said.
One needs some basical psychology knowledge to see that sometimes its beyond their ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā– ā–  consciousness.

What you are saying makes no sense.

Eh? I donā€™t know what youā€™re saying?

I think its a behavioral illness if there is such a thingā€¦ part mental/ part social/ part addiction?

People are free to do what they want so it goesā€¦ I donā€™t really care

See @sarad.
Just because women can take advantage of me doesnā€™t make me respect all of them. Iā€™m not talking about you. Women can fool me but they canā€™t fool all other guys.

And the conversation shifts to being about girls.

ā€œRight when I start respecting women I see them let men use them and treat them bad and I feel like a fool.ā€

I was talking about this

What about it?. itā€™s honest.

Just because women can fool me doesnā€™t mean theyā€™re fooling other guys.

So you disrespect woman with an experience of domestic violence, abuse and such?

If you want an intelligent discussionā€¦ But I stand by what I said. Of course I donā€™t disrespect women who are victims of domestic violence. I never said that. To tell you the truth I donā€™t respect all of them. Because how many women have I seen or heard of who stay with a man because ā€œthey love themā€ when that guy is beating the hell out of them and their children every night. I feel sorry for them though.

Perhaps women who continually subject themselves to it and never learn how to get away from itā€¦

There are a lot of cases where itā€™s inescapable, but its kind of grey area.

There is never a excuse to smack a woman around.

Agreedā€¦ My dad never did it to my mom and I would never lay hands on a women. And I never have.