I need help and advice

Even when I was above 28 years old I couldn’t make it to pdoc because I wanted to tell them that I don’t have sz but adhd

1 Like

My cognitive deficits are way too much

1 Like

That’s a problem I have is getting close to telling somebody and then I chicken out and just say I’m fine or forget about it.

1 Like

I used to see black shadows too, they went away with meds. Good riddance!

They can’t hurt you though, just give you a tougher skin because of all the fear. But it’s no way to live with that fear. Talk to your parents again, insist.

3 Likes

been there but much older than you, you are far better than me, keep it going, roll it

1 Like

They are totally black like shadows, or like someone cut the fabric of reality itself in the shape of a person. Their eyes glow red. I have only seen them a few times, but I heard them almost constantly. They were like demons, and they would torture my family members. I would lie awake all night, forced to listen to my little sister and my mom screaming about how they were eating her alive and it was all my fault.

The shadows are a common hallucination. The medications never fully made my hallucinations go away, but they took away the shadows and the demons. Now, all I hear is music or a news anchor who likes to broadcast the events of my day. I like those a lot better.

2 Likes

I actually read an article today on the scientific explanation of black shadows:

http://listverse.com/2013/09/30/10-scientific-explanations-for-ghostly-phenomena/

Frightened witnesses all over the world have seen the shadow people. These dark beings are glimpsed out of the corner of the eye only to vanish when confronted. Many believe them to be demons, some think they’re astral bodies, and some say they’re time travelers, here for a second and gone. However, some researchers have a more shocking theory.When Swiss scientists electrically stimulated an epileptic patient’s brain, things got really spooky. The patient reported a shadow person sitting behind her, copying her every move. When she sat up, it also sat up. When she bent forward and grabbed her knees, it reached around her body and held her. The doctors then told her to read a card, but the shadow person tried to take it out of her hand.What happened was the scientists had stimulated the left temporoparietal junction, the part of the brain that defines the idea of self. By interfering with the area that helps us tell the difference between ourselves and others, the doctors screwed up the brain’s ability to understand its own body, thus leading to the creation of a copycat shadow person. Researchers are hoping this is the key to understanding why so many people, both schizophrenic and healthy, encounter shadow beings and other creatures like aliens.

5 Likes

My shadows are a little different (I’ve never really referred to them as my shadow’s, it’s kind of weird actually. Sorry that was way off topic) They are black like your Shadow’s but they don’t really look human. They like to hang out in my room especially in the corners by the ceiling. I would say they are like blobs but they have shape, it’s just not all that clear most of the time. Usually there is around 4 or 5 in my room. They don’t always say much but when they do it’s really mean. Like I said before they are scary they just hover in the corniness moving a little. (My room isn’t a square it has pieces that jut out so I have more than four corners) They like to reach around the pieces that jut out. By reach out I mean wrap an appendage around the corner as if they are reaching out to me. (I hope that made sense) They usually don’t make any noise besides the occasional talking but there was a time when I was at my grandmas and there was one by the ceiling I saw it stretch a winglike thing out and flap it down the fold it back up well when it flapped it it made a loud flapping noise. It scared me a lot.

I don’t feel like I’m doing good or better than you.

Thank you I will definitely look at that article.

1 Like

Mine didn’t have any face or eyes… And they didn’t talk, they just hoovered around people.

2 Likes

Oh I forgot to add that part the fact that they don’t have a face or eyes.

It’s alright though, you’ll figure out a way to deal with this. You seem like a smart cookie. Maybe take @ninjastar’s advice and pretend you’re sick so you can go to a doctor.

2 Likes

I actually just went down to the counselor but he has a student so I have to wait a little bit but he said that I can just wait outside of his office. I’m glad that he’s letting me wait though otherwise I know I would chicken out. Though I’m scared to talk to him and I can’t see the Shadows right now since they don’t like to come out during the day but I can almost always feel there presence and they know what I’m doing and they are mad at me. I have music though so that helps, and it also helps drown out the voices that I hear too, so that’s a good thing.

3 Likes

Good on you, for going to the counselor so quick! That’s great, really. Good luck!

2 Likes

Thank you, I know that I will tell him too it’s just that it might take a bit of sitting in the office to finally say something but I know that I will talk about it.

Let him know your symptoms, your fears and the situation with your parents. Take your time though, no need to blurt it out all at once :slight_smile:

1 Like

I’ll try to take my time. I tend to ramble when I am scared, or anxious or just anything like that but it will be easy at times when I’m trying to explain certain things like emotions. (Unless it’s a very simple emotion like just happiness or just anger I have trouble identifying, understanding, and explaining it.)

Just say you’re frightened. It’s simple and the truth :slight_smile:

1 Like

You can do this! You are awesome for going to someone right away. That puts you miles ahead of where most of us started.

4 Likes