I miss being psychotic sometimes. Am I unusual?

I don’t miss being suicidal and depressed. And I don’t miss being irritably manic. But, sometimes I miss being paranoid, delusional and hallucinating. Is that crazy or what? It was unique to be part of a psychotic world. I felt special because I was so different. I know that when I was depressed I liked the feeling of my mood spiraling downward. Don’t ask me why. Maybe it was the familiarity of it. I never liked being manic. I was always angry and irritable. That was never fun. When I was in the midst of psychosis, it was pure terror and torture. But, now that I’m clear of it, I miss it. Call me weird.

maybe because it just becomes a part of our identity…

2 Likes

I miss the ■■■■ outta it. The paranoia not so much but the manic hypersexuality yeah!

Sometimes I miss it too.

Obsessing is fun, to a certain extent.

Its like your mind is totally occupied and you feel useful even though there is not real forward motion.

2 Likes

I miss psychosis too sometimes.
I dont know why. I get tired of this sobriety & depression.

1 Like

Part of me does. Psychosis can be exciting. But as it nearly killed me I don’t want to be psychotic again really !

1 Like

my psychosis was a nightmare, especially the fear… the paranoia caused a lot of fear and humiliation… I was mortified.
After coming back to reality… I feel such a relief… the weight of the world is lifted off my shoulders.

2 Likes

Well I guess people experience feelings of euphoria during psychosis. For me, when my thoughts were broadcast through the media, it can make you feel special I guess.

2 Likes