I made paintings based on my psychosis

I like to paint in watercolors and acrylics. I paint the way psychosis makes me feel.
I’m working on another one of these paintings today. I’m still learning.

55 Likes

the second one is really beautiful.

2 Likes

Very nice @stellaglow! :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Awesome! 15151551515

2 Likes

Wow! Nice!! :slight_smile: 15151515

2 Likes

Wonderful art. Just wonderful. Congrats! :blush:

3 Likes

You’re so talented! I always think I want to do this, but they never turn out very well. I usually just use crayons while in the hospital, though.

2 Likes

Thank you :slight_smile:
I’m honestly not talented; I just paint what comes to mind. If you release yourself from constraints you will paint well.
That’s what I think.

2 Likes

Those are beautiful

4 Likes

I once painted a dark forest with red eyes painted into the limbs and trunks of the trees with me sitting in the middle of the forest…thank you for reminding me. I love your work.

3 Likes

Thank you :blush:
Perhaps I should start a thread for artwork of all kind (music, art, photography, etc.) and we can all post there?
I’m working on another piece and would love for a place to post it :smile:

6 Likes

Thanks for posting these! I love to see and share other people’s art work. And yours are wonderful. I would love to participate in an art thread. Perhaps that will motivate me to get back to the art :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Nice work @stellaglow!
Keep it up!

3 Likes

Excelent! Really excellent. You do a good job of portraying pain. I also like the nakedness you portray. You express something a lot of sz’s feel.

4 Likes

Thank you :blush:

1 Like

Awesome! I always love looking at people’s art posts. I like the way you express your feelings in the pictures. Also interesting that none of the pictures have any face details, but still a lot of feeling. Thanks!

2 Likes

Good stuff. I like the first one the best.

2 Likes

I love your artwork, @stellaglow. And I’m so sorry to hear that you purge everyday. Many, many years ago, I used to purge everyday too. I did that for seven years. Then, one day, I made up my mind to quit and I only went back once twenty years later. But, that didn’t last long, fortunately. Once you have this disorder, you are always vulnerable. But, it can be overcome. You just have to believe in yourself. Believe you can overcome it. When I overcame my bulimia, I was sick, depressed and psychotic too. You can do it!

3 Likes

Did this thread get started?

1 Like

You are amazing!!! I am really impressed. I sold stuff on ebay for a while, ACEO cards, watercolors. For some reason people are facinated with art brut and outsider stuff.

3 Likes