I’m continuing my APs but the side effects are killing me!

Hey but what about running? Not to put down walking or anything

1 Like

That sounds very serious and frightening @CoCo. I hope your doc can give you helpful advice or meds change. I recently went back on Zyprexa and instantly became a food vacume. Ridiculous food cravings & appetite. (It didn’t help my psychotic symptoms so I’m tapering back to Lurasidone).

I try to do age-appropriate exercise every day. I’m in my mid 40’s & from the research I’ve done the best exercise (most benefits, least risk of damage) is short workouts of high intensity interval training. I try to get my heart rate up every day, just in short bursts. Don’t know if something like that may be of help to you? There may be some kind of workout that is safe & effective for you to do with your heart condition.

Good luck with your doc.

Thanks @Flutterby. I’ve got an exercise program going now. I’m working out for about an hour a day 4-5 times a week. I hope it helps. I’ve tried all the APs I can afford so after this one I don’t know what to do next. I have an appointment with my pdoc though so hopefully she comes up with a plan.

I have gained 25kgs or more.
I have high blood pressure and more than 100 heartbeats. We lowered doses, stopped zyprexa completely, and pdoc told me that zyprexa was responsible for weight gain

1 Like

Maybe you could find a combination that controls your symptoms without such bad side effects. Talk to your doctor about it.

1 Like

I gained on many different APs, even while dieting. But hopefully a combo of lowering my dose, exercise and diet, I can get my weight down

1 Like

That’s probably the best you can do. I am getting a lot of side effects that are beginning to do me in as well but I remember some of the things I did on the AP’s that I otherwise wouldn’t have been able to do in the past and it gives me some solace. It’s not an easy thing.

1 Like