I lost touch with.my father

Our relationship has been strained for years since we are both I’ll… I didn’t have a strong male figure growing up… anyone else have problems with their dad?

2 Likes

My dad had issues w anger and control. I was scared of him and hated him when growing up. He was also rude to my mom and never did anything around the house so I saw him as lazy on top of that. (He did work all day but all I saw was him sitting on his butt hogging the computer at home, he’d only get up to tease us, make us do chores or yell at us) I’d have nightmares of him snapping during one of his rages and killing us. He used to scream curses and insults at my mom at night until she ran away crying. I wanted to kill him. He’s improved a lot now, I think bc he realized all his kids grew up to hate him. I don’t hate him anymore. He still has his flaws though, and I still can’t help but have tension/anxiety when I’m around him because of the past.

2 Likes

Sort of. I just feel like my Father is emotionally distant at times.

But at the end of the day, we’re still good friends even though we don’t talk a lot.

I kind of understand him more now that I’m older. We’re both so alike, in many ways.

1 Like

My dad called me this week to have news from me and to ask if I am feeling well.

It’s the first time in all my life he do that.

I am 40.

2 Likes

Dads can be difficult. It’s hard for some of them to feel like they belong with women and children. Moms often don’t have much energy left for them after taking care of everything and they don’t have much energy after working all day.

1 Like

My dad doesn’t even know his grand children and he doesn’t seem to care… he has never even met them

I lost touch with my father over the last twelve years because he’s dead. But, I still pray for him though.

Well if he is dead you can’t say you lost touch… it is sad … sorry he is dead

1 Like