I Looked in the Mirror Today

And saw myself with completely black eyes and blood coming out of my mouth. Black eyes like THIS:

And I freaked the ■■■■ out. Has anyone had this happen before?

maybe you were wearing sunglasses. :sunglasses:

some people like hot sunglasses. :wink: :dark_sunglasses:

1 Like

You can’t unsee that

What’s going on you think?

2 Likes

I have very dark brown eyes and the irises take up a large portion of my eyes so it almost looks like that.

I was at the hairdresser on Saturday sitting in front of a full length mirror and just saw a monster starting back at me.

But I’ve never seen big black eyes like that and blood coming out of my eyes like you did. That’s really scary.

1 Like

The blood was coming out of my mouth.

I was pretty terrified honestly. I used to see people like this sometimes, with the black eyes. But not for a while now.

Sorry, I didn’t read your post properly! That’s awful. How long did it last for?

I stood there looking into the mirror for maybe 30 seconds before I left the bathroom. I went back in the bathroom after and covered the mirror with towels.

2 Likes

That’s really terrifying. I’m sorry you had to go through that. I really hope it doesn’t happen again.

2 Likes

Thanks @anon84763962 .

1 Like

Reminds me of the conjuring 2

oh gosh. the picture is literally worth a thousand words. all I can say is this: how’s the medication going, my friend?

1 Like

FYI I should probably clarify, that is NOT a picture of me. That’s just a pic I found on Google that shows the eyes the way I saw in the mirror.

I’m down to 3mg of Invega and 2mg of Abilify. Friday I switch to 1.5mg of Invega and 5mg of Abilify. Then next Friday I quit the Invega. I stay on 5mg of Abilify until the 29th when I will see my doctor and hopefully get up to 10 or 15mg of Abilify.

i would certainly talk to my doctor about it, i hope a higher dose of abilify will help you.

2 Likes

Maybe you blacked out and bit somebody?

1 Like

that’s a good hypothesis, but how does that explain the black eyes? :spy:

1 Like

Maybe he got rabbit punched in both eye sockets by the guy he bit?

Good question though sir Sherlock ;-). But I gave this some thought

1 Like

What is a rabbit punch? I have a rabbit.

3 Likes

The thing to do is to dismiss what you saw in the mirror. File it in the back of your mind under “unexplainable, but unimportant”.

2 Likes

Hmm if I zone out in the mirror or look at my reflection from the corner of my eye I sometimes see things similar to that. Typically I’ll see those faces just free floating in the air by my face when I close my eyes. Lovely.

I know it’s scary and upsetting but it’s just your psychosis. Apparently even non-psychotic people start seeing bizarre things in the mirror if they zone out at their reflection in dim lighting.

1 Like