I just lost another friend

Last Friday I lost a long time friend. I was able to say goodbye. She went peacefully.

I just found out this morning that another friend and neighbor passed yesterday. It wasn’t expected. He had unusual bleeding so they flew him out to the big city hospital where they took him into surgery to see the cause and his heart stopped.

He leaves behind his lovely girlfriend who is physically dependent on him. She’ll need to find help right away to be able to stay in her home. His family is on their way now, so I think she’ll be ok for a bit. I’ll go down and check on her as soon as I compose myself.

He was so kind and giving. He helps to take care of the older gentleman that I do shopping for. Takes out his trash, does up his dishes, helps with some meals, gets him to the Drs. twice a week to check his burn scars.

When my daughter was pregnant we needed a drive to the city for a check up with the baby Dr. and he took us. He was always finding ways to help other people. He is so going to be missed. I’m really sad and really shocked.

13 Likes

Sorry to hear that leafy. It sucks to lose people.

2 Likes

He sounds like a really nice guy, you will miss him x

1 Like

Thank you @Bowens and @anon67605327 yes I’ll miss him, great guy

2 Likes

I’m so sorry hugs

I don’t know if it’s any consolation to you, but at least the people he left behind have good things to say about him.

Losing two friends in a week sounds really rough.
Remember to care for yourself :heart:

1 Like

Thank you, that’s so nice. I have no idea what to say to his girlfriend.

I’m so sorry for your loss. Hugs!

1 Like

Maybe just go there and give a hug to his girlfriend or bring her a plate of food.

1 Like

Sorry for your loss. On a similar topic I have found my old friend on Facebook. Not sure if he wants to start chatting right now though.

1 Like

I am sorry. My condolences. People die, that we do. If we know them closely or not. The planet keeps turning with or without us. We got to look forward. I kept my late friend in my memories.

1 Like

sorry for your loss @Leaf
must be sad times =(

1 Like

Sorry for your loss @Leaf.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.