A friend passed away

I found out that an old friend of mine passed away on Wednesday. I’m taking it hard.

We were Sublime fans so I relate that band to her a lot. It took me about an hour to realize that my music app froze and wouldn’t let me change the song “Badfish” on Tuesday night around 11:30 pm… Which was 10:30 am in Thailand (where she was when she passed) which is probably about the time that it would have been made known that she had died.

One of my voices has been threatening my son since I realized. I’m shaken and it shows. This whole experience is making me worry relentlessly about my family and about how quickly things can change. Permanently.

2 Likes

I am sorry about this - hang in there. One of my aunt’s died a terrible sudden death - terminal cancer. Ever since her death, I have been thinking about my own life and future death. It is scary to think how quickly things can turn - everyday I am alive is a blessing

3 Likes

sorry for your loss , trigger.
maybe go for a walk in nature it might help you to calm your mind…
take care

3 Likes

Sorry for you’re loss.

Blessed be

1 Like

Trigger, I’m sorry your friend passed away. It’s never easy to loose someone. I wish I knew what to say to help make you feel better. It’s very hard to deal with something like this. For now it feels really big and horrid.

Sending positive and vibes and hope that with time, your grieving becomes less.

1 Like

deepest sympathy being sent your way…i hope knowing that others care takes away some of your sorrow…hang tough…

1 Like

I am truly sorry for your loss…

I experienced some loss this past year when I was looking up an ex girlfriend online and found her obituary instead. Said she past away unexpectedly at home…I fear she committed suicide. No one I know who knew her knows anything about it either, I was the first they’d heard about her death and this was several months after she past away. I don’t think she’d had any contact with these people in years.

hang in there…

-e

1 Like

I keep losing friends, too. One has to keep making more. I know that sounds a bit clinical when you are grieving, but it is the only answer I know.

1 Like

I am so sorry for the loss of your friend. Sending you kindest thoughts.

Sorry about your friends passing, trigger…I have lost many friends in my life and it still hurts…I hope your pain isn’t too great…peace to you…

Im sorry to hear that. I would see your psychologist as soon as possible to help you recover. That’s what they’re here for.

Very sorry to hear of your loss. Nothing so horrible as having a good friend disappear from your life suddenly and permanently. :frowning:
10-96

Very sorry. Sending thoughts of calm and peace to you

Sorry to hear that trigger. It’s never a good day to lose a friend. :frowning:

I’m sorry trigger. I hope you have good memories to remember. My friend passed away 2 years ago. Heart attack. He was only 54. It is always hard to lose friends. Let yourself to be sad and angry. Don’t keep it in because your feelings will eventually break out anyway. Talk a lot about your friend.

I am so sorry for your loss.

I’m sorry for your loss. I hope you can ignore the threatening voice. I always promise myself I will not try and act on any impulse during the heat of the moment that I will wait until I’m in a rational state of mind. I don’t know if that is something you can do or not, but it works for me.