I joined weight watchers

I am so excited. I am not super strict with myself but somehow it is encouraging and gives me necessary discipline to cut down on the caloric intake.

I am really hopeful that my weight will slowly but surely go down down down. it is so exciting for me.

going for a 40 - 50 lb. weight loss. I am praying… :smile:

judy

12 Likes

you can do it! :smile:

3 Likes

It is always good to read one of us feels a motivation to improve. I find it impressive you found the courage to join, these things exist for a reason and usually it is with a big focus on bettering one’s personal health. You can do it!

2 Likes

Way to go. It’s a great step.

2 Likes

thanks for all the encouragement. I am thinking it is going to be good!!!

judy

1 Like

good luck man, i’ll pray as well lol, take care

thanks much daydreamer. judy

I lost about 20 lbs. by walking two hours a day back and forth in my room and cutting calories. I’m still walking, but I have let up on my diet. I’m hoping I can get back into dieting again.

2 Likes

Weight Watchers is a good program, Good Luck with Everything!

1 Like

Both my Aunt and Uncle lost a tone of wieght with Weight Watchers. It really does work…good luck and keep us posted. I am thinking of WW or Overeaters Annonymous. My Mom says I don’t overeat, but, I eat the wrong things, so WW might be better for me than OA…I am so excited for you…you can do it becasue I know it is working for other people and you are super excited and miotivated which is half the battle. So happy for you!

Love,
TiggyBoo

2 Likes

I lost 75 lbs. on The Dukan Diet. It was relatively easy (really) and I never went hungry.

What is the Dukan Diet?

I’m doing weight watchers too! I <3 it. Only three pounds away from my goal weight now!

Do you go to the meetings? Those are always super fun.

1 Like

It’s a strict diet invented by a French doctor named Dr. Dukan. It’s basically a high protein-vegetable
diet. Which means lots of meat and non-fat dairy and almost any vegetables with a few exceptions.
Later on in the diet you can add a little bread, cheese, and fruit, and when you are in the last stages of the diet you are allowed to have one meal a week of any foods you want. The average weight loss rate is about 2-21/2 lbs a week.

onceapoet, i went to one meeting so far, since i have just only begun.

i liked it too. i just hope i lost weight this first week. i have been cheating just a little.

i am about 45 - 50 lbs. away from my goal now.

judy

1 Like

Part of the reason I have done so well (I think) is that I have switched meds and stopped eating a ton of ice cream and cookies every day. I love sweets and when I start eating them I just can’t stop :frowning: so I just avoid them now.

My Mom explained to me that the meetings start to work a little like the buddy system for working out. You get used to seeing people and it’s easier for you to go because everyone is expecting you. I don’t think I would have realized that right off the bat if she hadn’t told me, but I’m sort of oblivious.

1 Like

my first week is just about done. I am worried if I lost or gained. I tried cutting out some sweets but I didn’t entirely as I thought I don’t have to.

i’ll find out results hopefully tomorrow lunchtime.

thanks for the feed back. it is encouraging. judy

2 Likes

It’s slower going than other diets but that’s because it focuses on long term weight loss rather than quick unsustainable results. Don’t get discouraged if you don’t see a big change right away :smile: