I have upset my family

I feel like I am being bullied into doing things on my birthday

All I want to do is ‘sit this one out’, as I do not like birthdays

But my mother came to my flat and left in tears just because I refused to do stuff today

I don’t understand why she got so emotional

Not sure I want to celebrate narcissism that is a birthday celebration…

To be frank, I am not too impressed to have lived another wasted year, and I detest it.

5 Likes

Sorry for your troubles @Joker. It is hard when someone else has made plans but they don’t fit with what you want. Although you’re feeling dispirited, i hope things improve for you.

3 Likes

I always celebrate my birthdays.

Sometimes I don’t feel like it but usually I go for a restaurant dinner with my family.

4 Likes

I feel like this often too. I feel I am a disappointment to my family / loved ones that I cannot celebrate anything including birthdays.

Has your birthday already passed. I believe she is emotional because she loves you and upset because she wishes you to be happy and for a mother, she gave birth to you this day and this day is important to her.

I also see celebrating birthdays as narcissistic - maybe this is not 100% true.

3 Likes

You could have just went to costa for a coffee and a cake?
Don’t you want to make your mum happy?

1 Like

After how she behaved not doing it

All I can think of was she was trying to emotionally blackmail me, and I resent that

1 Like

Can’t you celebrate at your own house or your parent’s. We celebrate my birthday at my parents house as I live with them. I love eating cake and maybe getting gifts. Last time my brothers gufted me a 2tb ssd m.2 nvme.

2 Likes

I hate myself, why would I want to celebrate my birthday?

1 Like

Idk but I love eating cake.

2 Likes

Di you think your depressed?

2 Likes

Did you find a new job?

2 Likes

[/quote]

After how she behaved not doing it

All I can think of was she was trying to emotionally blackmail me, and I resent that
[/quote]

Ok i must be out of the loop i didn’t realise you and your mum weren’t getting along.
I hope you are ok. Try to chill listen to music etc hugs :people_hugging: :hugs:

1 Like

Maybe she feels like she has let you down and is upset FOR you, not upset AT you.
Some people hate celebrating their birthday, its not that weird.
But I could understand if I was a parent I would feel like I did something wrong if my child refused when I was trying to make them feel good about themselves etc.

1 Like

Happy Birthday :partying_face:

This is how my partner is. Absolutely no parties, no gifts, and no celebrations.

I was disappointed at first because I saw the day as an opportunity to do something fun or new or exciting. But then I realized we can just make plans to do something fun, new and exciting on any day. And if he’s asking me to not do anything special on one day of the entire year, it’s not hard to respect that.

Then I came around to the same thought process. I don’t want a party or celebrations. I will still accept a gift though, so long as it isn’t too extravagant.

Sorry your mom won’t do the same for you.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.