I have brain damage cognitive impairment

I don’t think there is any way to deal with it. We’re just going to be ignorant the rest of our lives. Sorry but. I should have known that it would come to this. Hope I don’t get added dementia soon

1 Like

That’s not positive but I’m not positive I’m hurt

1 Like

Sorry I liked trying to communicate though on here though.

1 Like

I heard exercise is supposed to help, but I have a hard time believing it would help with this level of brain damage.

You’re good. 1515151551

I hope you find something that helps you.

Bye gecko. Maybe I’ll try some exercise if that’s possible for me

1 Like

From one persons hell to another. I understand

1 Like

I tried zinc today, and I think it helped my cognition a bit.

I actually have some zinc left over from when I loaded up on supplements when I got out of the hospital. Thanks for the tip. I’ll try it carefully

1 Like

Just hopefully I’m not spreading false hope, since it could just be placebo.

Hey gecko. Cognitive training is hard to come by. But I actually am on Duolingo. It’s a free app. And I don’t even know what an app is barely. But it’s fun and easy. I learn French. I took it in elementary. But if you pay attention to your brain. You can work on it. Duolingo. Check it out

1 Like

Duolingo is free

I’m on Trevicta. I can’t say it’s had a negative effect on cognition. I’m emotionally rather flat on it. It was the same with the Consta and then the monthly depot. Before going on the depot, and having regular meds , I’d have a muted response to positive stimuli and an intense reaction to negative stimuli.

Hi fire monkey those drugs are foreign to me. I was on clozapine for years.most of my life. It didn’t work for me because I took less of it and became delusional. Now I’m on paliperidone and I’m in bad shape. Sounds interesting though

I’m on 120 mg Latuda and have some sleepiness. I need to eat more than I believe I would without medication but it’s not like zyprexa which gave me insatiable hunger. Other than that it’s cool. It’s an ap and mood stabilizer.

1 Like

I liked Invega when I was on it. I can’t afford it anymore though. If it’s causing brain damage, you need to make an appointment with your pdoc and request a different med. I’d let the dr choose what might be best for you

It sounds like the dose of your medication is way too high. This is just my guess. Can you try a lower dose? I’m on only 1mg haldol and don’t have too many side effects, although I know that I do have some cognitive decline. That may be from the medicine, or the illness. I do not know.

Also, if you can do some strenuous exercise until you get sweaty (At least 30 minutes, better 45) this will release positive chemicals into your brain and let you feel better.

does it come and go, or constant, feeling brain damage.

Meh, unlikely. He’s probably kept you alive and functioning better than you would have without meds. In three decades of having SZ I’ve yet to meet someone else who had their noodle overcooked by meds. A high dose will shut you down, but the cognition can come back when your dose is lowered. Most of the ones with severe cognitive impairment obviously had it long before the SZ came along, and all of us have a bit scraped off the top of our IQs by the SZ itself. You can get a lot of function back by pushing yourself a bit every day, and by working yourself down to the lowest dose you can tolerate. That may mean having to leave with more positive symptoms, but it’s a worthwhile trade-off for me.