I have a lump under the skin in the palm of my right hand

It’s about a centimeter in size that I can tell. It doesn’t feel soft, it feels hard and immoveable. There is no pain with pressure. I know these are all bad signs. I’m going to make an appointment with my primary care doctor tomorrow. She’s a nurse practitioner but she can refer me to whoever. I’ll keep you guys posted.

8 Likes

I hope it’s nothing serious! Good luck!

5 Likes

My work doing data entry for a pharmaceutical company deals with cords that develop in the palms and cause contractions of a few of the fingers. I was told they start with a bump. They are treatable when they become cords. The disease is called “Dupuytren’s Contracture.” It may or may not be the same thing you are talking about, but I thought I should tell you about this as a possibility.

3 Likes

I’m always finding something on my body to worry about. Usually turns out to nothing. Hope the same for you.

2 Likes

Hope it’s not anything too serious @SkinnyMe.

1 Like

I sure don’t want to give you anything to worry about.

1 Like

Fingers crossed for you @SkinnyMe

1 Like

Definitely get it checked and try not to worry too much. Maybe it’s a Ganglion cyst? These are relatively common on the wrist and hand.

2 Likes

Thank you everyone for your kind responses. You are definitely easing my mind a lot.

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.