Lump on the back of my neck

I noticed a lump right on in the middle of the back of my neck about 5 years ago. I’ve never had it looked at because I thought it was just a fatty lipoma and was nothing to worry about. It is about the size of decent sized marble(when you feel it on the interior, it doesn’t actually stick out that much, it just looks like a pimple on the surface) and moves freely(It’s not fixed in place, I can move it with my fingers).

The only issue now is it is starting to get irritated and sensitive. Maybe I have just been messing with it too much. I’m going to ask my doctor about it next time I see her just in case since it is starting to get sensitive now. Anyone had one of these before?

2 Likes

Could be a cyst. I’m prone to get them and usually they are no drama unless they get infected. Then they are a problem. Still. I’d get a doctor to have a look.

3 Likes

Yes please get it checked I had one on my back and it was gross because it got infected then I won’t go into details. Best show pro.

1 Like

If it’s moving it’s a good sign.

I had a lipoma last year, but mine was fibrous and attached to the muscle, due to the radiation I had for my cancer treatment. They had to literally peel it off the muscle during surgery.

Why did I have surgery? Because it got so big and deep, it was starting to cause me pain.

I would definitely see your doctor. If it’s a cyst, he can drain it. If it’s a lipoma, it’s an easy surgery to remove, and you will be more comfortable.

1 Like

It’s probably harmless and can easily be removed. Ask your doctor about it and don’t worry.

1 Like

Hope it’s nothing but please see a doc so you’ll be sure and carefree

1 Like

Get it checked Bowens!

Especially if it is either hard and/or dark in colour

1 Like

I will get it checked. It’s not dark in color. The color matches the rest of my neck.

1 Like

Probably a cyst. Easy to remove.

I had a scare about 2 years ago with a lump on my arm. The way it looked reminded my doc of aggressive skin cancer. Dermatology removed it easily. Turned out to just be an immune response to a scratch or bite. Just a lump.

3 Likes

I have a tiny cyst (lump) on the back of my earlobe.
Probably just some harmless growth or cyst.
I wouldn’t worry too much @Bowens but you could always have a doctor take a look at it.

1 Like

I’ve just had a fatty cyst on the back of my neck before. Completely benign, but if it’s getting sensitive I would definitely have it looked at. Good call

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.