I hated my psychiatrist

I hated my first psychiatrist, I thought she was wrong to dx schizophrenia and if she was right I thought something else was going on that needed to be treated too … however psychiatry isn’t an exact science it often times takes time to arrive to the real diagnosis because it becomes more clear and they get a clearer pic as time goes by… i wish i wasn’t so focused on getting the right dx its so important to focus on getting help for symptoms… if they now say anxiety it may or may not be the case … hopefully I can try the treatment to see… i feel sceptical though because I know I had psychosis but we see

1 Like

I don’t really like my current pdoc, but they are hard to come by here. We don’t talk much. I talk more with my therapist once a week than I do my pdoc. I mainly have to see him about meds, but next year I may need to get a letter from him stating I can live independently for the senior citizen apartment building I’m thinking of moving to.

2 Likes

Now that I’ve made it clear to my pdoc that I suffer with negative symptoms, maybe she will rediagnose me with schizoaffective disorder.

1 Like

What’s your current diagnosis?

1 Like

Bipolar disorder

2 Likes

You’re not taking any meds for psychosis?
Bipolar doesn’t have psychosis, right?

I’m taking Risperdal for psychosis.
People with bipolar disorder can experience psychosis.

My psychotic episodes are intense.

1 Like

The psychiatric hospital and my last psychiatrist and therapist diagnosed me with schizoaffective disorder.

1 Like

I didn’t really care too much for my first Psychiatrist either. I remember she was like 7 months pregnant and she said I was fixated on her pregnancy because I myself wanted to get pregnant. I was really young and did not ever want to have kids. So I felt she made it about her. She diagnosed me with generalized anxiety disorder. She never picked up on the bipolar or sza at all.

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.