I had an awesome birthday present: drumroll A job!`

I got hired as a Starbucks barista at Market District (Giant Eagle) on my b-day! This is turning out to be an awesome birthday!

34 Likes

Congratulations @Jess! :slightly_smiling_face:

1 Like

Good going @Jess!

1 Like

Bravo 666999666

1 Like

That’s great!
44567i

1 Like

That sounds like a fast paced job…and dealing with the public as well. Good on ya if you can pull this off! :slight_smile:

1 Like

Congrats. You can make me an iced coffee :wink:

2 Likes

I still think it’s a bit funny…when you shuck coffee they now call you a ‘barista’

When you work retail at Walmart you’re termed ‘an Associate’.

I think we should just call homeless people ‘disheveled, wandering sightseers’…to reduce the stigma.

:joy:

3 Likes

way to go, one of the best places to work according to Forbes. good luck.

3 Likes

I’m in the delivery business. My title is ‘Shipper/ Receiver’.

That’s what you’re called at work when you aren’t really good at anything, but they have to call you something.

:joy:

1 Like

Do you get discounted drinks and food because you work there? I ask because a girl in my physics class in high school worked there and her drinks were discounted.

1 Like

Congrats on the job

1 Like

Oh man I worked there and getting up at 3:30 AM each morning killed me. Plus I hate coffee. Smells nice in the store though. They used to give me a bag of free coffee each couple weeks as an employee bonus and I’d just give it away to family members.

So stressful trying to be a new barista when impatient people on their way to work are demanding their half calf low fat soy mocha latte or whatever crazy nonsense drink they order. Good luck to you though! They pay well but they’re gonna force you to taste test some of their coffee. Hope you like it, they use a french press and it’s very bitter :confounded:

They are well known as being one of the best companies to work for. I just don’t think I had a very good boss at my location, that’s always what determines if I keep the job or not.

1 Like

I’m not sure, I’m going to ask at orientation(2/6 Wednesday).

1 Like

Happy birthday!!! And congrats on the job! I hear that’s a good job to have.

1 Like

Happy birthday and congrats. Do you live in Ohio like me?

1 Like

Thanks and yes, I do.

Happy birthday and congratulations :balloon: on the job!

1 Like

That is so awesome! I am so happy for you!

1 Like

Cleveland? 56899643