I had a dream my daughter was kidnapped

And I’m freaking out. She hasn’t answered my texts. When I was in high school I dreamed a barn by our house burned down. A few days later the barn burned down. I texted my daughter and told her to be careful but not freak out. Maybe I shouldn’t have. Idk.

I dreamed she was riding in a car at night and she didn’t have her door locked. As she was going slowly around the corner a blonde woman pulled her out of the car.

I hope I didn’t freak her out

1 Like

Are you usually full of anxiety? If so, she probably just assumed it was your anxiety talking and not reality

1 Like

Not usually. Not when I text her. I wouldn’t be freaked out except that my dreams often come true. I’ve had dreams of people dying before and my dreams come true. I’m talking about sudden deaths.

@Loke I identify with your fear.

1 Like

Well, let’s hope it doesn’t happen. Maybe she’ll be extra cautious and nothing will happen

2 Likes

Maybe it was a warning. I told her that if she was in a car to always lock the door. Her not responding to my texts is not unusual.

My daughter is small too. Like 5’1” and maybe 130 pounds at the most. She’s always been small so when she was a kid I always worried about her getting kidnapped. Maybe that’s what it is.

1 Like

My daughter is 5’5” (165.1 cm) but only weighs 110 (49.8 kg) I tried to get her in martial arts multiple times as a child to learn to defend herself. She flatly refused each time

1 Like

Kids are stubborn sometimes. You do worry about them though.

I’m fighting the urge to text Sparrow again. I’m tempted to text my niece too cos they’re like sisters and talk all the time. My kid is probably at work and I don’t want to blow up her phone

1 Like

Absolutely @Loke.

1 Like

You know when I was growing up my dad used to tell us these horror stories all the time about kids getting kidnapped. He’s like “one girl survived but they found her in a ditch with her arms cut off”. So when my daughter was a kid I was super paranoid that she would get kidnapped. That’s probably what it is.

1 Like

I grew up in a bad neighborhood and I was abused and neglected growing up. I totally understand having fear for your kids’ well being. I passed on too much anxiety though. My daughter is too anxious

1 Like

That takes a long time to overcome if you ever do overcome it. Sorry you went through that.

1 Like

Thanks @Loke. I’ve been in need of mental health services since I was 16 years old. I’m 44 now. It really messed me up

1 Like

Hope your daughter will be fine @Loke.

1 Like

She contacted me. She’s ok. It probably was a silly dream

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.