I got a job!

I got a job offer this week, training begins next week, then I start work the following week.

I don’t want to say who I am working for or what I am doing to preserve my anonymity (I don’t want them to know I have schizophrenia) but this is a dream job for me, I can choose my shifts and work as much or as little as I want. I’m going to start working 2 days a week and based on my experience increase that, maybe going full time.

I will spend most of the day by myself and I will be making more than the minimum wage. It’s an easy to do job and shouldn’t be too stressful. It even has a pension plan after I work a certain amount of hours. I get a personal expense account too. It’s about a 20 minute drive to work which I am fine with.

I can’t believe I scored such a job given that I haven’t worked in a very long time and my resume sucks. There was over 300 applicants and they only hired 20 employees. I had to write a test online and scored an A.

I hope it works out and that I can handle it.

27 Likes

Sounds great. Congratulations :tada: !

1 Like

Awesome. Good for you. Hope it works out. :lizard::lizard::lizard:

1 Like

Sounds awesome :clap:

1 Like

This is fantastic, I wish you nothing but success.

1 Like

Well done. Hope it all goes well for you!

2 Likes

Awesome.

Good job!

1 Like

That’s great. I hope it’ll lead to many doors open for ya!

2 Likes

Congratulations!

1 Like

Wow. What an opportunity! Good on you for seeking it out.

1 Like

Congrats and well done. I wish you all the best and success

1 Like

Congratulations and wish you success.

1 Like

ummm, you said above minimum wage,

if you’re driving 20 miles, it should be $15/hr.
or do you just want something to do to get out of the house?

1 Like

@Daze It’s 20 MINUTES away, not 20 MILES away. And it’s above $15/hr.

I want both something to do and to get out of the house, and I’ll be making more money than on disability.

1 Like

congratulations on the new job =)
i hope it will be nice and not too stressful

1 Like

Congratulations and good luck!

2 Likes

Thats fantastic! Good luck and Im sure youll have a great experience :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Congrats! That’s awesome

1 Like

I’m rooting for you!

1 Like

Thanks for all the kind words everyone! My training begins in an hour. I’m excited and a little nervous.