I got a flu shot this year and still got the flu

It’s affecting my mental illness too. How many times has this happened to you?

3 Likes

The flu shot seems to a bit hit and miss. I’ve never had one. I didn’t get the flu this year. It’s all a bit random !

1 Like

I got the flu one year so bad I ended up on the psych ward.

1 Like

I got a flu shot and a few days later got blasted with the worst case of the flu I ever had. Dont believe that bs about you were already gonna get it anyway. They inject you with the flu in the flu vaccine. I will never get the flu shot again.

1 Like

I always get the flu shot now. It is hit or miss because they never know which strain is going to go around the most. And it’s only for 1 strain while there are many different types.

3 Likes

The flu shot doesn’t cover every strain of the flu (the strains of each year’s flu are different). Would you rather have some protection or no protection? That’s like refusing to wear body armor because your neck is exposed.

The flu shot does not give you the flu; it gives you a small amount of strains of the flu that a healthy person’s immune system should be able to destroy, thereby building antibodies and decreasing your chance of getting the flu.

1 Like

The flu shot only protects you from getting the deadly strains of the flu. So yeah, you can still get the flu

1 Like

@anon78876561

Hiya its Rog - How are you sweet? :slight_smile:

Never got my flu jab this year - so been lucky. The jab hurts more than my monthly Depot lol. You copped it then? Time for your hubby to do his duties! lol.

1 Like

Yah, I have a weakened immune system from an immune suppressant medication I am taking so I am really sick and will be for a while. I’m sad because I’m too sick to attend my friend’s bachelorette party or the bridal shower. :confused: It’s just been a rough time for me. Oh well!!!

2 Likes

@anon78876561

I’m sorry to hear that. I hope you feel better soon.

1 Like

Sorry to hear that. Plenty of Paracetomol every four hours mate. Look on the bright side - you get to stay in bed! lol :slight_smile:

1 Like

Feel better @anon78876561!

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.