I googled a mental hospital I was in

Lots of news stories about deaths associated with the hospital. :fearful: I don’t want to say which country it was in, but I googled yet another mental hospital I was in and there’s only one story about a death there. The second one was in another country.

Have you ever googled your old hospital(s)?

No, but now that you’ve brought it up, I just might try it.

1 Like

The one civilian hospital I was in changed its name. I tried to get a copy of my records from there and they told me they were federally protected and wouldn’t give me a copy.

1 Like

I googled and didnt found anything :wink:

1 Like

Both hospitals that I was in were shut down. :cry: Not because they were bad, but because our then-governor was horrible.

1 Like

nah I stayed in a psychiatric division in a regular hospital twice.

I am sorry ::frowning:

why is there death with these hospitals? you mean suicide or something ?

Yes, suicide unfortunately.

wwwwww we should be so glad to be alive today. I should volunteer in these things. =(
so sad

1 Like

The psych Hospital that I recently stayed at has a bad and dark reputation.
Man, the things that I saw and experienced.

1 Like

The first psychiatric hospital I was in I was told a girl hung herself and died.

I have not google searched information about them though.

That hospital did have nice strawberry milk and a bath tub that could be used with permission n key given.
The isolation room n being held down so I felt I could not breath was a pretty horrid experience.

They had nice food at all hospitals I remember.

1 Like

Ten years after I left I saw an article about some guy killed another guy in a hospital I stayed in. I forget what the reason was but he smashed the guys head against the floor.

2 Likes

One hospital i was in closed down. The other two i hear about all the time

1 Like

I’ve been to 5 different ones, 25 times total.
Watching a PBS documentary on the Seventh day Adventists, I was impressed with their attitude on total health/body/mind all being equally important. They were pioneers in the psych hospital in our area, and one of the hospitals I stayed at the most was one of theirs.
Never knew that’s why we didn’t get meat in our meals…now I do.

2 Likes

I have googled four of the five hospitals I was in. The first one is still in business and has a sterile website. They did not have my records because my stay was too long ago. The second one is still in business, although it has converted to a drug and alcohol rehabilitation center. It is one of those old, highly respectable asylums. The third one burnt down. The fourth one is out of business and has shut down. I don’t even know the name of the fifth one. I was too far gone to know. I hit a psychiatrist and was put in a straitjacket and moved by ambulance to a regular hospital where they had me with a cancer patient. All this while being delirious and unconscious. I posted these hospitals and my experiences in them to Facebook.

1 Like

I’ve never been In hospital but I won’t be surprised about the local horror stories… our mental health system is ******* needs updating

1 Like

Don’t they all?

Yes. But the mental health system is far worse than if you have a psychical illness say. At least you get say in your treatment then.

I’ve been in both good hospitals and bad…honestly, it usually depended on how good my insurance was at the time. The state hospital in Alaska is really tops, even without $$. It has a gym, an atrium with plants, a rock climbing wall, and the best food of any hospital I’ve seen. In contrast, the Florida State Hospital was a nightmare where they had collard greens at EVERY single lunch and dinner and had absolutely NO therapeutic activities, no therapy. It was a cattle pen.