I find myself drifting away from the forum a bit

I still check in several times a day, but lately I’m not on as consistently and don’t read as much as I used to. Not sure what the deal is…I’ve been spending most of my time lately Christmas shopping, playing guitar, walking the dog, browsing the internet and even watching some TV.

Not sure what’s up. Just feel myself drifting away from the forum lately. Not sure if its a temporary thing or permanent, but I’m just not spending the amount of time here that I used to. My attendance on this forum has been mostly consistent for about 2 and a half years until a couple weeks ago.

Maybe I’m burnt out on it. IDK. Anyway, I’m not around as much. Will see if that changes in the future…

22 Likes

Im barely on myself this place is too censored too many things cant be talked about makes it awful boring i mostly just lurk now

4 Likes

Yeah I’ve noticed you’ve been missing around here Bowens… nothing wrong with that though.

5 Likes

It sounds like you’re doing well though. So that’s good.

I mostly come here for the friendships these days.

I remember when I was in my mid 30s and I felt like I was having a crisis everyday.

I was actually just looking at the Salvation Army’s job training programs for veterans.

8 Likes

Was just thinking about you about an hr and hoped you were ok. Nothing wrong with losing interest here. Ivd never been as active of a member as you, but ive been on here since 2019 and have come and gone perioidcally. It does get a little old after a bit, but i always come back. Maybe you just need a break

7 Likes

Hows the guitar going @Bowens ?

5 Likes

Pretty good. Still have some reach issues that I don’t know how to solve when using pinky finger on 4th frets. Otherwise, I’m progressing at a steady pace.

8 Likes

Good to hear. I just re stringed my guitar for the first time. It was a bit tricky but i did it

5 Likes

Nice. I did that on one of my guitars a few weeks back as well for the first time. Youtube is great :stuck_out_tongue: . lol.

6 Likes

Hows Maggie? @Bowens

5 Likes

Maggie is doing good. She still needs to lose weight, though.(as do I) Thanks for asking.

8 Likes

I always enjoy reading about your guitar learning and gear progressions. If you need to step back, I can respect that, just know that your presence will be missed, at least by me. As Roy Clark used to say, keep on pickin’ and a grinnin’!

8 Likes

Thanks @iconoclast_01

3 Likes

Spending time on the forum in moderation is a good thing.

I don’t think there’s anything wrong to pursue your interest.

Sounds like a good thing. Good to hear you are doing well.

4 Likes

Thanks @Kxev 11551

2 Likes

I wouldn’t worry about the quantity of time you spend on the site, the quality of your posts is still good. Everyone needs a break at some time.

4 Likes

Are you still a moderator?

3 Likes

Yes
fifteencharacters.

2 Likes

Are you up for the night? @Bowens ?

2 Likes

No, I plan on going to sleep soon.

2 Likes