I find myself drifting away from the forum a bit

That’s good. I find you to be a moderate moderator.

3 Likes

Thanks @Michigan

2 Likes

Thanks @PinCushion

3 Likes

The sameness gets to you. Same users, same problems, year after year.

You should try starting your own forum, see if you can do a better job.

6 Likes

I’m glad you seem to be doing well and keeping busy.

Hopefully you feel better on the forum again.

2 Likes

You are a moderator @Bowens
Can you afford to remain distant from the forum?

Just asking

1 Like

Hi @Bowens, I’ve been wondering where you were here and there— defos noticed you not being on here as much lately.

But it sounds like you’re doing really well and staying busy with Maggie and playing guitar, so that’s awesome :+1:.

I dunno much about being a moderator on this forum, but I can imagine it might suck some of the fun and helpfulness out of this place at times— it’s not an easy thing to do, that’s for sure.

Always good to step back and take breaks if that’s what you need :+1:.

Hope things continue going well for you, and thanks for being a solid member and moderator :dizzy:.

3 Likes

It sounds like the changes you’ve made are healthy ones. Don’t worry about it. If you find you don’t need the forum anymore, you could always take a break for a while and see how it goes. I will definitely miss you around here though

2 Likes

Fire this guy! We need a new mod!

:stuck_out_tongue:

It’s good thing you’re finding other things in life to be content with.

@Rainstorm One can have lot of fun on Twitter. You won’t easily get bored over there. Less censorship as well compared to forum. Or take @shutterbug advice.

2 Likes

Take all the time you need. You do NOT need to be here all the time, that is how we get worn down.

3 Likes

He can.

He knows he is a mod. He has been on here constantly since becoming one. That’s exactly how mods get burnt out on this place.

5 Likes

Yeah no harm done
I was just asking @anon4362788

2 Likes

I know how he feels. I spent most of my days here for 2 straight years trying to keep things straight.

The abuse mods get on top of just trying to keep it all running smoothly wears people down.

Y’all have no idea how it goes behind the scenes.

6 Likes

I’m sorry the mods are treated badly. All you’re doing is enforcing rules. Some people are simply entitled, thinking they should get to do whatever they want without regard to how it affects others. It’s so wrong. The forum rules are there to help maintain a safe place for people who are suffering

4 Likes

I know you be complaining about me! I love taking up an inordinate amount of your guys time.

:rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl::rofl:

@anon4362788 @Bowens

3 Likes

Then you better behave @anon55031185

2 Likes

It’s only by some. Usually people that just cannot follow rules or think they don’t apply to them.

Now you know why I’m a grumpy old B.

4 Likes

I can imagine, its lots of reading. Maybe its not much fun as its used to be. You do a great job.

1 Like

And it takes a long time to recover.

At least, that’s what pixel said.

Jerk.

Um. I think that predates your current role?

1 Like

You shooting for another whip crack.

1 Like