I felt like I fit in

At the clubhouse I felt like I fit in for the second time in my entire life. And the first time I was very psychotic in Iop in 2012 but that’s another story. But for a time in my life I felt like “just another face in the crowd” which is better than feeling like you’re invisible. Yeah I just blended in well. Maybe it’s the fact that everyone is mentally ill I felt I fit in. No egos. Honestly felt these people you can see the freedom on their shoulders. Their freedom of “not much else to lose”. They didn’t seem to have a burden on their shoulders. Maybe few possessions to worry about. Maybe they’ve had zero possessions in the past. But I felt as if some of them had lost that tension of clinging to your responsibility all life long.

5 Likes

Or maybe they were overly tense. I’m not sure which one. But I could see they were different than the normies based on the tension in their shoulders. It was interesting/weird phenomenon.

1 Like

Thanks for update. I’m sure you’ll develop more opinions as you continue going. Hopefully, positive ones​:hugs::upside_down_face:

1 Like

what do you guys do when your’e there @Jonnybegood

2 Likes

I volunteered at the snack bar. Socialized. Ate food. We had a meeting.

3 Likes

sounds great, glad your’e doing that

always good to make new friends

3 Likes

Sounds like a good thing. I’ve heard several people talk about going to clubhouses. I’ve never been but maybe i should look into it. I certainly have the time on my hands. I’m pretty sure we have something like that here.

1 Like

we don’t.

you need a referral from a counselor.

My son Medicaid provisions are getting out into the community.

I’m looking into it, but don’t know.

1 Like

That sounds like a good experience @Jonnybegood. I’d like to fit in , in real life. There’s no clubhouses or anything like that near me. Take advantage of that resource if you can.

1 Like

We have groups like this here but I keep putting it off because I’m nervous. Maybe this thread will help me step out of my comfort zone.
Thanks for sharing this @Jonnybegood :blush:

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.