I feel like all I do is take pills

I’ve been really frustrated lately with my medications. It feels like all I do is take more and more pills. My lithium levels were too low so they gave me another pill to take. Then they put me on Ability then they had to add bentropine for the shakiness, then they had to add seroquel for the sleep problems. I’m still having a lot of breakthrough symptoms ever since coming off of Zyprexa. I just feel like if I could only get off of Ability things could get better. I feel like I’m not getting listened to, and it makes me want to cry. Sorry for a rant/rambling message.

3 Likes

I take 7 pills of depakote a day. I feel ya. And that’s just one type.

2 Likes

■■■■. I’m tired too. Sometimes I just stare at into nothing.

3 Likes

I understand. I’m sorry you’re struggling with this. I’ve been fighting for the right med combination for many years. I’m finally feeling ok but it took forever. I too am on quite a few meds. It’s very frustrating.

2 Likes

I had terrible sleep problems for 6 months, and I was getting really agitated. My pdoc decided it was the Abilify that wasn’t working out and I was taken off it, and it all went away.

1 Like

Try for at least 6 weeks minimum. Not working then talk to shrink and try something else. It’s not rocket science and it’s hard because we all respond differently! I don’t mind taking pills and years later I appreciate the fact that they give me quality of life…

I don’t obsess about things on the pills. I don’t think too much about things I shouldn’t be thinking too much about…It’s a hard game to play but have faith and see how you go!

1 Like

I take 16 pills every day. I feel ya

2 Likes

I only take two pills daily and it already feels like so much hassle. It’s a necessary evil.

2 Likes

Taking pills multiple times a day gets old quick. I totally feel you. I do what i have to do though. Hopefully you can work with your pdoc to get on the least amount of medication that works for you. Good luck in your recovery!

2 Likes

I do a lot more than that. I defecate, urinate, eat, sleep a little, fart, belch, and talk to those voices the drugs are supposed to stop. Why I do a lot more than just take pills.

2 Likes

The polite word here is flatulate :joy:

1 Like

Every year that i age they add another pill of some sort up to 9 a day now, plus my shot

1 Like

I take 16 a day. Some morning some night. I often feel like taking a weeks worth of pills a day but I don’t

This topic was automatically closed 95 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.