I feel good

i am doing good recently, been off meds a few days, no symptoms, a little restless, not depressed. if i start to slip into psychosis i will know but i have a good feeling that i will do ok

2 Likes

Why r u off your meds??

1 Like

i want to become more healthy. i have more side effects on meds than most, also less symptoms off meds than most. i had insight to my symptoms during my psychosis, was never hospitalized or had anyone think i was acting different but got on meds to get rid of the constant auditory hallucinations so i could have peace of mind. i havent had hallucinations in years now

1 Like

Keep the meds close by just incase you start getting psychosis.

3 Likes

Please let your doctor know that you have come off meds. They’ll be in a better place to help you when things start to go wrong.

3 Likes

I agree with everhopeful. It’s safer to go off meds with the approval and support of your doctor. Man, I’ve seen and heard of so many people going off meds on their own and I’ve seen many people end up with a disaster.

One point I would make is to tell your family, therapist, doctor etc. you are going off your meds and ask them to tell you if you start acting differently or weirdly. Sometimes we can’t tell that we are acting differently or relapsing ourselves while other people around us can see it.

1 Like

i will let them know. i think ill be ok tho it seems most members here have terrible experiences coming off meds, everybodys case is different tho

2 Likes

Let me get this straight, you want to be healthier…by quitting important medications?

I don’t know man.

2 Likes

I tried what you are talking about. I went off meds thinking that I will know when I slip into psychosis but guess what I slipped and I didn’t even feel like I was in the wrong. Got admitted into the psych ward again.

Please start taking your meds.

1 Like

Idk, bud. I wouldn’t go off meds without a doctor’s approval. Psych meds can have severe effects on the mind and body if they’re stopped cold turkey.

2 Likes

You’ll go crackers in about one month I’m guessing. It’s textbook.

Been there…done that…got the T-Shirt.

Good luck to you just the same.

Hmm.

Seems Plausible.

P.s. Hope, True Love, Honesty, Joy, And Eternal Peace!.

thats kind of a shitty thing to say you cant really make that assumption without knowing my case. ive never been hospitalized, or gotten in trouble for doing anything during psychosis. i personally asked for help to get rid of the persistent auditory hallucinations, but before getting on meds i already had insight and symptoms were mild. i feel like everyone here saying that may be the reason i am afraid to quit my meds even tho i can manage without them

I was told when you quit your beds and then go back on them they can become less effective each time you do that.

you are screwing up…don’t stop your meds without doctor’s consultation man…

1 Like

im back on the meds now, i realize its probably not worth it

2 Likes

This topic was automatically closed 14 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.