I feel fat and ugly, I eat like a pig. I hate myself

Idk what to do, I was 135lb before sz, now 290lb on 6mg risperdal. On Zyprexa I was over 300lb. I eat a lot like a pig including junk food. I have no control as healthy food never fills me like salads even in huge amounts. I try to eat beans sometimes eventhough they dont taste good as junk food but I would rather eat a taco or a burger.

2 Likes

Sounds like a junk food addiction rather than sz. Addictions are tough.

1 Like

Overweight people are supposed to be on a high vegetable protein diet. Probably need chromium too.

1 Like

I know what you mean @Aziz
I ditched the Depakote so I could lose weight.

I’m on Lamictal and I’m not losing fast enough.

I only lost 1pound so far since dropping the Depakote a month ago.

1 Like

Why I didnt have it before sz? If I eat less I get hypoglycemia symptoms now.

1 Like

That’s how I felt on Olanzapine, you’ve gained more weight than me, I am 5’8 and was 240lbs so I was pretty fat, I couldn’t hide it with baggy clothes, and my face, my cheekbones, everything about me, i felt fat and ugly too. I also ate like a pig, I was never full. I have this one picture of me from 2006 that I shudder when I look at it.

Maybe vraylar will change all that? My switch to lurasidone made a difference. I’m not hungry all the time anymore and after 17 years I am a healthy weight.

2 Likes

They say that most carnivorous protein is better quality than plant protein, but it is possible to combine different kinds of plant protein to get high quality protein. It seems to me like plant protein breaks down and digests so much easier than animal protein. They ought to do an experiment with body builders to see if they can bulk up on plant protein.

Just do a search for vegan bodybuilders. It’s totally possible. :grinning:

2 Likes
1 Like

:smiley:

1 Like

meds = fat for me at least. i weigh 320 lbs. was 180 a few months after switching to geodon but i went nuts, was crazier than when my psychosis started before i ever went on meds. im not happy with my weight but im just glad i havent gained more since switching from invega back to olanzapine. i guess olqnzapines weight effects arent effective when i am already fat on invega.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 90 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.